Heavy Aircraft just flew over SR8

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

When I was in French Guiana, there was one of those Antonov's at Cayenne airport bringing in rocket parts for the European Space Agency who sent up satellites from there.
f***ing massive it was.
The rocket parts were transported in from France, and assembled in French Guiana.

Logon or register to see this image

A squadron consists of 12-24 aircraft. 3 squadrons would have been seen or heard by everyone for miles around.
Loads of people heard and saw the aircraft over Doxy and Farra, we had a thread on it.. I saw them over farra and they were very loud and low, flying about like they were in a dogfight?

Here's another account.

''Between 6 and 7.30PM tonight I heard 6-7 aircraft flying over where I live and when I have put the radio on there is talk of military aircraft in pursuit of a UFO in the area. 10-15 eye witnesses in the Sunderland area saw this UFO being chased by military aircraft at high speed for over an hour before it shot off into the distance. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about it?'

I never saw any UFO that night, only the jets.

:)

Could be any number of things tbh. Lots of stuff goes into the low level system just north of Newcastle, or with the christmas grant coming up they could be getting their currency in for practice diversions.

I doubt it was three squadrons from RAF Lemming (the suicide squadron base by the sounds of it ;) ) fighting UFOs. Cause they've only got one squadron of Hawks. Not ideal for dogfighting.....

They can, but not below a certain height. Newcastle has a control zone covering it mind so it's unlikely they'd he buggering about in there.
I could not tell you if it was three squadrons but there was a fair few of them. Surely they should have been restricted from performing such flying activities over a built up area? The only time you see similar activities is on the Sunderland airshow, over the sea.

Last edited:
RAF isn't allowed to conduct excercises over population centres. If it WAS them they were either in trouble or lost.

They are allowed to transit over populated areas as part of training i.e. Spadadam and Otterburn.
Newcastle airport is also a recovery runway should the Russkies bomb the shite out of the RAF bases. E3 Sentries conduct familiarisation touch and go approaches on a regular bases as do many of types.

Loads of people heard and saw the aircraft over Doxy and Farra, we had a thread on it.. I saw them over farra and they were very loud and low, flying about like they were in a dogfight?

Here's another account.

''Between 6 and 7.30PM tonight I heard 6-7 aircraft flying over where I live and when I have put the radio on there is talk of military aircraft in pursuit of a UFO in the area. 10-15 eye witnesses in the Sunderland area saw this UFO being chased by military aircraft at high speed for over an hour before it shot off into the distance. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about it?'

I never saw any UFO that night, only the jets.

:)

I could not tell you if it was three squadrons but there was a fair few of them. Surely they should have been restricted from performing such flying activities over a built up area? The only time you see similar activities is on the Sunderland airshow, over the sea.

Most built up areas are not below 2000ft. Given the size of the aircraft they look a lot lower than that.

Back