Healthier Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

I've been eating really unhealthily over here in Japan since I came over (love the curry and the fried katsu over here). I wore one of my favourite t-shirts a few days ago and noticed my kite popping out a bit. I'm not fat, to be honest, just a bit vain, so decided I best do something about it.

Since then I've tried to eat less and a lot healthier; I'm eating cereal for breakfast, salad and shake for dinner and having a fairly normal Japanese evening meal. Cut out the beers with the missus's father and stopped with chocolate and crisps. Reckon over the last few days I've been eating roughly 1500 to 1700 calories a day. I've also been jogging for the last couple of days, three times around the local park for about 20 minutes.

Am I on the right track or am I doing things wrong? Any suggestions?

Calories likely too low. The best way for most people to go about achieving a healthier lifestyle is moderation, still enjoy what is typically categorised as 'junk' but try your best to fit it into your calorie allowance (which I would advise increasing significantly). Make sure to get plenty of nutrient dense foods in your diet, avoid fad diets and as I alluded to; avoid avoiding foods you enjoy.

If you're not sure about calories I'd suggest investing in a scale so you're at least sure exactly what portion size you're having. On a few things I was way off with my estimations meaning I was eating far more than I thought at times. :oops:

Just see how your body responds and adjust accordingly. It may take some getting used to, but you'll find out what works for you and what doesn't, which is far more useful than stupid faddy diets.

Right, after the advice on here I've increased my intake to about 1850 at least to 2000 a day. I'm eating chicken and pasta salad for dinner, the rest has stayed the same. Haven't had chocolate for a dog's age. Am I likely to see an results when it comes to losing that little bit of belly?

My biggest issue is snacking. I can moderate when I eat - but when I eat I like to eat lots. I won't just buy a sandwich at work, for instance, I'll buy a kitkat, bag of crisps and a big cup of tea to go with it.

Once I manage to resist temptation I'll get where I want to be, but its hard at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back