Health and Racquet club's new weights/machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Live In Hope

For you's who go, what do you think of them? Im still undecided, seems to be all the same equipment as the wellness centre's. Suppose there is loads more room than the wellness centre's but I think the weights were fine as they were, certainly dont mind the treadmills being updated but the weights area wasnt essential IMO.

For you's who go, what do you think of them? Im still undecided, seems to be all the same equipment as the wellness centre's. Suppose there is loads more room than the wellness centre's but I think the weights were fine as they were, certainly dont mind the treadmills being updated but the weights area wasnt essential IMO.
I've just been this morning, I think it's just more up to date with more of the popular exercise equipment duplicated in some areas which is good.

Overall a good place to go if you can afford it.

I've just been this morning, I think it's just more up to date with more of the popular exercise equipment duplicated in some areas which is good.

Overall a good place to go if you can afford it.

I went this morning and must say I am happy with the new equipment. The exercise bikes have changed location and its not as easy to perv on one of the sexy blondes but all in all an improvement

Compared to a wellness centre what extra machines do they have?

Looking to join if they have some smith machines or some extra technogym stuff they dont have any tricep, bicep isolation machines at my current gym and the free weights are pretty limited.

If its just the same chest press, shoulder press abominator bollox then might not be worth it.

Compared to a wellness centre what extra machines do they have?

Looking to join if they have some smith machines or some extra technogym stuff they dont have any tricep, bicep isolation machines at my current gym and the free weights are pretty limited.

If its just the same chest press, shoulder press abominator bollox then might not be worth it.

Theres machines and freeweights than the wellness centres, also lots of space where the weights are. Have a word with reception and they will probably give you a free pass for the day if your interested in joining.

I went this morning and must say I am happy with the new equipment. The exercise bikes have changed location and its not as easy to perv on one of the sexy blondes but all in all an improvement
There's certainly going to be no problem getting on a machine, I can see the free weight area becoming very busy at peak times - and they still have insufficient collars for the barbells etc...

If this happens I might start doing my weights before work to avoid the rush!

I like the fact they have put kettle bells in and the like.

Personally can't pull myself away from the new gym setup, the weights section is fantastic and so is the cardio.

However I'm going back to uni (Northumbria) and had to hand my notice in at the gym. Signed up to my university's gym (Northumbria sport central, well worth checking out). 3 x the size of virgin active and they're refurbishment was in the region of 30 million. £20 and month, 3 month direct debit contracts for this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back