HDMI faceplate

It's brick, old chimney breast that been long filled. Will be chiselling then replastering.

Gang brush faceplates are an option if need be, I just don't think it'll be as smart because once it's done they're in there. I only have the ps5 that uses 2.1 at the moment but really don't want to need to do it again in the foreseeable.
I would set a length of conduit within the chimney and pull actual hdmi cables through. You need another cable just pull another one through. Might not happen to you but I ran cables like this and they were sold as a certain standard but didn't work when I got the first 4k stuff, basically it was false advertisement. Luckily I could just pull new cables through, unlike someone I know who had to chase walls out again.
Logon or register to see this image

Use these little reusable velcro ties to smarten it up when the cables come out

Last edited:

I would set a length of conduit within the chimney and pull actual hdmi cables through. You need another cable just pull another one through. Might not happen to you but I ran cables like this and they were sold as a certain standard but didn't work when I got the first 4k stuff, basically it was false advertisement. Luckily I could just pull new cables through, unlike someone I know who had to chase walls out again.

Use these little reusable velcro ties to smarten it up when the cables come out

I've been convinced, just means a deeper conduit than I originally ended but as everyone has said, there's less chance of loss of fidelity or failures and they're easily switched out.

I've been convinced, just means a deeper conduit than I originally ended but as everyone has said, there's less chance of loss of fidelity or failures and they're easily switched out.
Just wide enough to fit a hdmi connector through plus the thickness of a couple more cables as you can feed them through one at a time and if you are replacing one you'd chop the connector off the old one anyway to attach it to the new one to pull it through

only thing I can add at this stage is make the channel/trunking whatever you are feeding cable through as big as possible, space is your friend when pulling cables through.
Had the same thought, went with deeper than standard back box and a 5cmx3cm conduit. Will be easy enough for the first fitting, the conduit opens.

I'm sorry, you've drilled through the entire outside wall of your house, mounted some kind of pipe to the side of your house, drilled another big hole into where your television is, and fed several wires through those holes which are presumably at least wide enough for the body of an HDMI head to fit through.

And you've done this for aesthetic purposes?

I have so many questions.
😂

only thing I can add at this stage is make the channel/trunking whatever you are feeding cable through as big as possible, space is your friend when pulling cables through.

Yep from experience you can't make this too big. It's amazing how much room a few cables take up when you are trying to switch them out.

With my setup I just built out the chimney with some CLS timber and plasterboard about 50mm. No need for trunking or conduit.
Yeah I have no chimney breast so just built the wall out with 2x2 and plaster board so all runs are basically free

Back