HDMI faceplate

Suspect this will be a pretty niche query.

Sick of wires trailing down from the tv so want to add a couple of hdmi faceplates to the wall behind the TV.

I need a couple of 4 plug units, I found this:

Computer Spares HDMI Modular Faceplate/Wall Outlet (4 x HDMI Port) https://amzn.eu/d/6aIJYGa

Unfortunately I want HDMI 2.1, or alternatively a couple of female to female 2.1 hdmi cables to replace the older versions.

Really struggling to find what I need, has anyone dealt with this before?

Suspect this will be a pretty niche query.

Sick of wires trailing down from the tv so want to add a couple of hdmi faceplates to the wall behind the TV.

I need a couple of 4 plug units, I found this:

Computer Spares HDMI Modular Faceplate/Wall Outlet (4 x HDMI Port) https://amzn.eu/d/6aIJYGa

Unfortunately I want HDMI 2.1, or alternatively a couple of female to female 2.1 hdmi cables to replace the older versions.

Really struggling to find what I need, has anyone dealt with this before?

Not for HDMI, but to pass a power cable through a short section of stud wall, I’ve just bought two single gang brush faceplates.
The new-build house I live in already had these in the sitting room to feed the cables from low level to further up if I want to mount the TV on the wall.
Just pass the HDMI cable through.

Not for HDMI, but to pass a cable through a short section of stud wall, I’ve just bought two single gang brush faceplates.
The new-build house I live in has these in the sitting room to feed the cables from low level to further up if I want to mount the TV on the wall.
Just pass the HDMI cable through.
It's brick, old chimney breast that been long filled. Will be chiselling then replastering.

Gang brush faceplates are an option if need be, I just don't think it'll be as smart because once it's done they're in there. I only have the ps5 that uses 2.1 at the moment but really don't want to need to do it again in the foreseeable.

Yup, of I get no joy it's an option, just not my preferred one. Wall is brick, once they're in they aren't coming out.

Chase a channel, fix in some conduit then plaster over. Add the brush faceplates at either end. You future proof your setup and can swap out or add more cables as required.

Although your option is aesthetically neater.

Yup, of I get no joy it's an option, just not my preferred one. Wall is brick, once they're in they aren't coming out.
How many ports do you need?

I found this, not exactly a looker mind

How many ports do you need?

I found this, not exactly a looker mind

4. May do a couple of 2 port ones if the SMB brain trust and a couple of other forums I've asked can't come up with anything.

Been looking for a couple of days.

4. May do a couple of 2 port ones if the SMB brain trust and a couple of other forums I've asked can't come up with anything.

Been looking for a couple of days.
I’m trying to remember the modular plates I had when I built.

Basically they had the frame which was the finish you wanted to match your plugs and lights etc, then slot in the modules you needed.

I’ll have a look in a bag of bits in the morning and find out the company.

We have ours going through the wall onto the other side, goes through tubing up the back of the tv, back through the wall and into tv. We have a HDMI splitter on top of sky box to switch between sky and xbox, does it automatically. Firestick straight into back of tv. Doesnt look great from outside but its down the side of the house. Had to switch hdmi cable before so its easy to do without chiseling stuff out again

I was putting in a built in home cinema about 10 years ago and went for brush plates and conduit in the end so I can swap out HDMI cables - the issue with some HDMI is that you end up with handshake errors when things like this are introduced. Far cleaner to have just 1 continuous high quality cable.

I was putting in a built in home cinema about 10 years ago and went for brush plates and conduit in the end so I can swap out HDMI cables - the issue with some HDMI is that you end up with handshake errors when things like this are introduced. Far cleaner to have just 1 continuous high quality cable.
Pretty much everyone on an AV forum said the same. Guess I'll go with brush plates and a bigger channel than I originally intended.

Could take the plug of the telly and save myself the hassle of adding a socket behind there too.

Cheaper and less faff on.

Last edited:
We have ours going through the wall onto the other side, goes through tubing up the back of the tv, back through the wall and into tv. We have a HDMI splitter on top of sky box to switch between sky and xbox, does it automatically. Firestick straight into back of tv. Doesnt look great from outside but its down the side of the house. Had to switch hdmi cable before so its easy to do without chiseling stuff out again
I'm sorry, you've drilled through the entire outside wall of your house, mounted some kind of pipe to the side of your house, drilled another big hole into where your television is, and fed several wires through those holes which are presumably at least wide enough for the body of an HDMI head to fit through.

And you've done this for aesthetic purposes?

I have so many questions.

Pretty much everyone on an AV forum said the same. Guess I'll go with brush plates and a bigger channel than I originally intended.

Could take the plug of the telly and save myself the hassle of adding a socket behind there too.

Cheaper and less faff on.

if you're not using a sound bar, spunk some money on an av receiver and some speakers, let the av receiver do the switching and just have one HDMI cable going to the TV.

christ, thought I had loads of stuff. mine does 8 and it is good but tbh, just another expense that needs upgrading every 5/6 years with tele and what not.
Got older devices (PS3 etc) on the switcher. They don't get used much but they're ready to go when I need them.

Think I'm going to get shot of the soundbar, I never use it.

I got them when I got my TV wall mounted and all the cables chased through the wall. It looks great but you have to buy the best you can afford. I bought 4 of the latest HDMI 2.1 to chase in to future proof the setup cos I don't wanna be ripping up all the walls again anytime soon.

I'm sorry, you've drilled through the entire outside wall of your house, mounted some kind of pipe to the side of your house, drilled another big hole into where your television is, and fed several wires through those holes which are presumably at least wide enough for the body of an HDMI head to fit through.

And you've done this for aesthetic purposes?

I have so many questions.

THe people who had the house before us did. Glad its the way it is as weve had to replace the hdmi cable. And the trunking outside isnt seen as its down side of house

Back