HD Sky box questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

Can a hd sky box be used to watch free to view channels without having any subscription to any pay sky channels?

Anyone noticed some subtle changes, that have arrived on the box?,

Such as press yellow for my sky?

When you download and watch a programme, it automatically sets up a recording for the next episode, with series link?

I've got my dad's old hd box and was going to set it up, upstairs.

Might just plug it in and see what happens

Ooo eerrr mrs

Can a hd sky box be used to watch free to view channels without having any subscription to any pay sky channels?

Anyone noticed some subtle changes, that have arrived on the box?,

Such as press yellow for my sky?

When you download and watch a programme, it automatically sets up a recording for the next episode, with series link?
You have to pay them, can't remember if it's a one off £10 or £10 per month to keep the recording functions. Not sure if the catch up functions will even work if you leave. Knowing Sky probably not. @AndrewP seems to know a lot about sky so he'll probably know.

You will get the free-to-view channels. To use any of the recording/live pause/rewind etc. features, you can buy a viewing card for a one off £25.

You will get the free-to-view channels. To use any of the recording/live pause/rewind etc. features, you can buy a viewing card for a one off £25.
It's not a one off £25. It's £10 or £11 per month.

Yes. All the free channels can be watched but not recorded.

Thought you could get a freesat card off them and get all the freeview stuff?
You don't need a card anymore, pretty much all the channels are free to air now.

It pretty much only does regional channels now.

You get a lot of free channels but not some of the channels available on freeview, if I recall you get itv1 but not 2,3 or 4. Same with the channel 4 and 5 sister channels I think. You do get all the religious and shopping channels if that's your thing..

Does that mention you can record because you can't. The card isn't needed to view and it doesn't allow recording unless you pay per month.

I think you do still need a card or sorts (even expired one) to get some of the free channels mind mate. This one off as aimed at people who didn’t have a card but had an old box. Definitely no sky+ functions though.

You get a lot of free channels but not some of the channels available on freeview, if I recall you get itv1 but not 2,3 or 4. Same with the channel 4 and 5 sister channels I think. You do get all the religious and shopping channels if that's your thing..
You do get ITV 2 etc, SD only I think though, could be wrong though haven't checked for ages. Easiest way to check is to take card out and see what goes off.

I think you do still need a card or sorts (even expired one) to get some of the free channels mind mate. This one off as aimed at people who didn’t have a card but had an old box. Definitely no sky+ functions though.

You used to, iirc though they're all FTA now. Maybe there's an odd exception.

The main benefit of a card is 103 will be your local region ITV etc.

You do get ITV 2 etc, SD only I think though, could be wrong though haven't checked for ages. Easiest way to check is to take card out and see what goes off.

Aye it’s a con really, they have tried to charge people i know after they cancelled...even though they already had a card. When I went on the phone and questioned this, they were like yeah you definitely need this 25 quid card, oh, errmmm maybe you can get away without it, but your old card wont work now bla bla bla bla.. con artists.

You used to, iirc though they're all FTA now. Maybe there's an odd exception.

The main benefit of a card is 103 will be your local region ITV etc.

Was always just the odd few channels aye, it’s been years now, maybe they all work these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back