Have we sacked the ball people?

Can't comment just on the video as others have done, as I haven't seen it.
But I was one of the relatively few to be there to see it myself, and and can honestly say that in fifty years or so of going to Roker Park and the SoL I've never seen that happen before, or seen anything so symptomatic of the malaise into which our club has fallen. On the face of it a fairly innocuous occurrence, but so, so representative of our current sad plight.

Ball boys have been useless for the last few seasons. Do they actually know what they are there for!!! Clue is in their job title.

One problem is that they sit behind a big advertising hoarding.

If the ball has enough to clear the hoarding then it’s in the crowd and the fans throw it back. If the ball hits the hoarding then it bounces back into play and the kids have to scale a fairly big obstacle to get there before any player.

I bet the kids are taught don’t go into the stands and don’t interfere with the footballers. So early on they have the childish enthusiasm knocked out of them. I bet neeone said to the ballboys “bee lads different rules apply today like there’s nee fucker in that stand, gan crackers getting the ball back quick”.

No they haven't been sacked... They're on zero hours contracts, championed by our Thatcher loving owners... If Labour win the election, we'll all be paid a ball boys.

Again,as I have stated on another previous thread...will you please and kindly...FUCK RIGHT OFF WITH YOUR POLITICS....we have enough shit to deal with at our club than having to deal with ' point scoring knobs' like you.

Back