Have we sacked the ball people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when we played Premier League football in front of full houses, scoring 3 goals against and beating Chelsea and Everton?

Only 3 and a half years ago.

The decline is a disgrace.

Funny how you can spin something. For those that were there you would have seen the ball boy get up to get the ball. John just managed to get it quicker. Clubs a shambles, he got the biggest round of applause of the game for doing this

It’s not spin. It is the image of a goal keeper climbing the steps of an empty stand at SUNDERLAND to retrieve a ball. It’s a very symbolic image sadly.

It’s not spin. It is the image of a goal keeper climbing the steps of an empty stand at SUNDERLAND to retrieve a ball. It’s a very symbolic image sadly.
I agree with you there and take your point but he didn’t need to do it. I’m trying to defend the club as much as I can but it’s truly become a joke. I hop e he did that to show how much of a mess we are in

I agree with you there and take your point but he didn’t need to do it. I’m trying to defend the club as much as I can but it’s truly become a joke. I hop e he did that to show how much of a mess we are in

Do you think he would have got a bunk up if it went into the top tier? Sorry, laughing is the only medicine.

It's heartbreaking watching how shit and acceptant we have become, even despite the owners saying we've moved on from the malaise and lethargy attributed to the previous regime, we're allowing it to continue without challenging where these failings are and addressing them.

In the case of the ball boys, why not employ a bit of common sense and have a few balls at the feet of a ballboy, so a quick release can be done, the game carries on while the ballboy retrieves the others.

That is why SD isnt doing talk ins anymore. Because hes knows he wont have any way of spinning stuff like this anymore. How embarrassing

Could have broke his neck in those studs as well. I’m shocked at how low we have sunk. This is so bad.

I can absolutely guarantee that JM didn’t do a risk assessment and the ball persons would run a mile if the health and safety exec came knocking

Watched the Lazio game v Celtic, their ball boy system was great, as soon as a ball went out they threw a ball they were holding, straight to the player who was going to take the throw in, how easy would that be to organise ? ( bit like in tennis I suppose)
We are pathetic not sorting out an effective system.

It's heartbreaking watching how shit and acceptant we have become, even despite the owners saying we've moved on from the malaise and lethargy attributed to the previous regime, we're allowing it to continue without challenging where these failings are and addressing them.

In the case of the ball boys, why not employ a bit of common sense and have a few balls at the feet of a ballboy, so a quick release can be done, the game carries on while the ballboy retrieves the others.

we can only afford one ball - we spent the rest on screws for the bannisters at the academy with the lift being non-operational

Watched the Lazio game v Celtic, their ball boy system was great, as soon as a ball went out they threw a ball they were holding, straight to the player who was going to take the throw in, how easy would that be to organise ? ( bit like in tennis I suppose)

Oxford had something similar last week. A ball goes over the fence, another is immediately used.

be awkward to put a football down your strides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back