WMS Have Sunderland Learned Nothing In The Transfer Market?

If I didn't know better I'd say Wise Men Say are trying to be the new Roker Report with articles like this and RR are the new WMS with their club exclusives ;)
I’m not sure wms do exclusives. Could be wrong like but it seems like they actively avoid all that cosying up the others do. Not that I know that for sure like
This de bock has blatently been signed to push Hume and cover for him when he's injured or having a dip in form. If he's solid yet unspectacular he will be fine, we are in league 1 ffs.

Also, we were never gong to get a perfect squad from the shit show we came down with in 3 windows but massive strides have been taken to improve the squad and overall everyone has been bought to fill a need or gap and many have been quite impressive.

We have invested in some impressive youth and have brought some good youth through so their suggestion we haven't 'invested in youth' is demonstrably false.

Finally the 'sugar' players. Leadbetter was always signed to replace catts, like for like but cheaper, it just took a while for catts to leave but an impressive signing at this level, as were grigg, Wyke, the keeper, maguire, the extension for mcgeady, power when he's on it, not so much the defenders but Willis looks solid and ozturk has started to impress a bit. AT THIS LEVEL A LOT OF GOOD Players, no club gets it right 100% though.

So ultimately, the feller who wrote the article is full of shite and really hasn't got a clue. The transfer business done in the last 3 windows has on the whole shown solid steady improvement and the addition of a solid mix of youth and quality at this level. The exact opposite of a scatter gun approach in fact.
Nah like. Recruitment has been lazy and poor

The consensus seemed to be that we needed more pace , power and height in our midfield, so we signed 1 midfield player, started him against Oxford and then he hasn't started another league game since, reverted to the players who failed last year, shite recruitment IMO. Another thing that really pisses me off is that we have an academy that Pickford and Henderson aside, can't provide players that are ready to play in League 1 , we loan the buggers out to non-league clubs ! Either the recruitment's shite or the people running it aren't very good ! FTM

The consensus seemed to be that we needed more pace , power and height in our midfield, so we signed 1 midfield player, started him against Oxford and then he hasn't started another league game since, reverted to the players who failed last year, shite recruitment IMO. Another thing that really pisses me off is that we have an academy that Pickford and Henderson aside, can't provide players that are ready to play in League 1 , we loan the buggers out to non-league clubs ! Either the recruitment's shite or the people running it aren't very good ! FTM
So will the new guys be be right in trusting the new guys to get it right?

This keeps getting said but it's bollocks. The following players have been produced that are ready for league one

Asoro
Maja
Gooch
Honeyman
Hume
Egan
Hourihane
Waghorn
l Noble
Blair Adams
Jack Colback
Jordan Cook
Alex Gorrin

Plus
Kimpioka
Embleton
Robson
Nelson

Would arguably get into at least half the leagues team regularly.

That's of the top of my head, I'm sure there's more

This de bock has blatently been signed to push Hume and cover for him when he's injured or having a dip in form. If he's solid yet unspectacular he will be fine, we are in league 1 ffs.

Also, we were never gong to get a perfect squad from the shit show we came down with in 3 windows but massive strides have been taken to improve the squad and overall everyone has been bought to fill a need or gap and many have been quite impressive.

We have invested in some impressive youth and have brought some good youth through so their suggestion we haven't 'invested in youth' is demonstrably false.

Finally the 'sugar' players. Leadbetter was always signed to replace catts, like for like but cheaper, it just took a while for catts to leave but an impressive signing at this level, as were grigg, Wyke, the keeper, maguire, the extension for mcgeady, power when he's on it, not so much the defenders but Willis looks solid and ozturk has started to impress a bit. AT THIS LEVEL A LOT OF GOOD Players, no club gets it right 100% though.

So ultimately, the feller who wrote the article is full of shite and really hasn't got a clue. The transfer business done in the last 3 windows has on the whole shown solid steady improvement and the addition of a solid mix of youth and quality at this level. The exact opposite of a scatter gun approach in fact.

I've read some absolute nonsense on here, but this shite is another level.

And then he was half the man

And then he was playing in the top flight where he was never good enough
Only to find that we did not sign the McCartney we sold because in four years he went from reasonable to utter crap!!!

We were playing in a different division when we bought him back
Only to find that we did not sign the McCartney we sold because in four years he went from reasonable to utter crap!!!

We were playing in a different division when we bought him back

Last edited:
I think you have to include Honeyman and gooch in that. Running a Cat A youth setup sounds expensive.

Can we still sign unattached players?

We still look short in areas and there must be some players out there who are available on a free?

Sunderland’s deadline-day signing of Laurens De Bock brought to an end a protracted summer of seemingly scattergun recruitment. Have they made the same mistake again as in seasons past? Michael Lough explores the Black Cats’ “it’ll be fine” strategy that appears to have reared its head once more In May 2014, Phil Bardsley left Sunderland … Continue reading Have Sunderland Learned Nothing In The Transfer Market? →

more at Wise Men Say...
Click bait shite

I think you have to include Honeyman and gooch in that. Running a Cat A youth setup sounds expensive.
[/QUO
This keeps getting said but it's bollocks. The following players have been produced that are ready for league one

Asoro
Maja
Gooch
Honeyman
Hume
Egan
Hourihane
Waghorn
l Noble
Blair Adams
Jack Colback
Jordan Cook
Alex Gorrin

Plus
Kimpioka
Embleton
Robson
Nelson

Would arguably get into at least half the leagues team regularly.

That's of the top of my head, I'm sure there's more
What a shame that most of those players spent their entire youth in a premier league academy and are only good enough to get into League 1 sides - that's the point I'm trying to make. FTM
I'd include Honeyman and Gooch in Stockton Town's squad, not sure they'd make it into the first team, there must have been hundreds of better players than these 2 jokers who were released without making a first team appearance in my years of supporting this club. FTM

Last edited:
We are the pivitol panic signing club.
De Brock is an utter deplorable signing people I work with are big Leeds fans who have season tickets and say he is one off the worst players they have signed well done Dross another shite signing to add to the rest of the crap you signing

I'd include Honeyman and Gooch in Stockton Town's squad, not sure they'd make it into the first team, there must have been hundreds of better players than these 2 jokers who were released without making a first team appearance in my years of supporting this club. FTM

And yet you said the exact opposite.

I was gutted when he came back.
I was going fuckin nuts on here. Absolutely fuming.
I’d cyberly patted Quinn on the back for actually getting a fee for a bloke who was considering a Thomas Butler walkabout. Then ffs we go and buy him back for more than we sold him for and on higher wages. He wasn’t fuckin interested in football or SAFC for ages before we sold him....what sort of idiots would then bring him back fully knowing this?

De Brock is an utter deplorable signing people I work with are big Leeds fans who have season tickets and say he is one off the worst players they have signed well done Dross another shite signing to add to the rest of the crap you signing

It's not just that, the club Leeds signed him from were surprised they got money for him. Awful signing on paper

I was going fuckin nuts on here. Absolutely fuming.
I’d cyberly patted Quinn on the back for actually getting a fee for a bloke who was considering a Thomas Butler walkabout. Then ffs we go and buy him back for more than we sold him for and on higher wages. He wasn’t fuckin interested in football or SAFC for ages before we sold him....what sort of idiots would then bring him back fully knowing this?
I felt the same.
He was shit and then we sold him. Then bought the fcuker back.

Back