Hasseb Hameed

Wouldn’t want Allott writing me a reference :eek:

Aye, young kid gone had the highs of opening for England, looked nailed on to be Cook's successor but it's all gone wrong. Clearly not through a lack of application and determination. I guess he's probably suffering massively with a lack of self confidence, questioning himself constantly about what he can do to find a way back to some form and there's Allott being quoted in the press about how his contracts up in 6 months. Kid probably needs and arm round him and someone to get into his head it'll work out ok. Having a scrambled brain panicking about losing your career isn't a great mindset for going out to bat.

Aye, young kid gone had the highs of opening for England, looked nailed on to be Cook's successor but it's all gone wrong. Clearly not through a lack of application and determination. I guess he's probably suffering massively with a lack of self confidence, questioning himself constantly about what he can do to find a way back to some form and there's Allott being quoted in the press about how his contracts up in 6 months. Kid probably needs and arm round him and someone to get into his head it'll work out ok. Having a scrambled brain panicking about losing your career isn't a great mindset for going out to bat.

Agree with all of that.

Easy to blame Allott but Hameed has to score runs, any kind of runs

Don't disagree the he has to score runs, but I'd argue its Allotts job to ensure Hameed has the best chance of doing that. I'm not sure some of the stuff he's said in that article is much of a help really. Different matter is the kid was a toerag and clearly didn't give a shit, but its obvious that's not the case.

Easy to blame Allott but Hameed has to score runs, any kind of runs

We’re not blaming Allott for Hameed’s lack of form, we’re simply astounded at the complete lack of decency from Allott in the interview.

Aye, think those things, but to say them in the press under the circumstances......? Poor form.

Don't disagree the he has to score runs, but I'd argue its Allotts job to ensure Hameed has the best chance of doing that. I'm not sure some of the stuff he's said in that article is much of a help really. Different matter is the kid was a toerag and clearly didn't give a shit, but its obvious that's not the case.

I’m not a big allott fan mind but last year he was saying the opposite, lots of encouragement

I suspect he’s just trying a different tactic to get a tune out of him

We’re not blaming Allott for Hameed’s lack of form, we’re simply astounded at the complete lack of decency from Allott in the interview.

Aye, think those things, but to say them in the press under the circumstances......? Poor form.

As I said in post above last year he was saying the opposite

Think he’s just trying anything to try get a tune

Back