Has this season been written off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would be wise. Absolutely pointless spending money on one or two players in the hope they have enough quality to drag the squad up via the playoffs, just to need to sign a whole new squad for a championship survival campaign.

In the long run, if we have a plan, not going up this season may be a blessing in disguise
I agree ....it would be easier to change root and branch in this league than scrabbling around the bottom of the championship making short term decisions

Yes its a write off. The club will suffer for years to come with this stint in league one due to no younger fans wanting to support safc

25 games to go. You can’t presume any clear out will be a successful one. 9 points off top 2 with 25 games to go and play every team above us still. Just need to go out and be on the front foot in almost every game we play, see what happens.

3 points from the play-off zone. The bed wetters are having free rein tonight.
Although my answer is no I can see why some might think it’s done. It wasn’t just a defeat. We were woeful. The score v Wimbledon flattered us well. We aren’t playing great so we will be lucky to get to the playoffs.

Although my answer is no I can see why some might think it’s done. It wasn’t just a defeat. We were woeful. The score v Wimbledon flattered us well. We aren’t playing great so we will be lucky to get to the playoffs.
That is a reasoned response but every team is more of less crap. It’s 50 shades of beige.

Aye. Write this season off and replace this pile of shit with a new set of fat useless knackers. Only pay them 2k per week rather than 6k. It's a decent enough plan.

This. If we think this mob are a pile of shite, just wait til we are getting ones on a quarter of their wage. We'll be firmly fishing in the League Two and non-league pool.

No faith in Johnson sorting out the home form, slow and ponderous build up play with no movement of the ball and very little goal threat.
No chance of bringing anyone in that can improve the team, a lot of the players no they are finished so just going through the motions
Probably finish between 10th & 12th

Plenty of logic being said about starting from scratch next season... has Lee Johnson been brought in with this in mind or will he be replaced... Also dangerous game picking and choosing when you want to be promoted.... Are there any teams at present in this league capable of making a go of it in the Championship ...I think we need to get out of this league now even if it means struggling next season and rebuild from the Championship with no salary cap....

Plenty of logic being said about starting from scratch next season... has Lee Johnson been brought in with this in mind or will he be replaced... Also dangerous game picking and choosing when you want to be promoted.... Are there any teams at present in this league capable of making a go of it in the Championship ...I think we need to get out of this league now even if it means struggling next season and rebuild from the Championship with no salary cap....
Yes just get out of this league. With how shite Winchester looks I’m not sure why people assume Speakman and Johnson will get our recruitment right, utter blind faith. Not even half the season gone and we are 3 points off the top 6. If the table looks like this with 1 game to go we would have a chance of promotion, there’s 25 to go.

It would be wise. Absolutely pointless spending money on one or two players in the hope they have enough quality to drag the squad up via the playoffs, just to need to sign a whole new squad for a championship survival campaign.

In the long run, if we have a plan, not going up this season may be a blessing in disguise

It would be ideal circumstances to get promoted this year, we'd have a blank canvas in the summer with a tiny salary and a billionaire owner with no salary cap, we could have a go in the Championship. If we don't go up we need to sign a whole new L1 squad, with far less resources than we put into this one, that's the time to worry.

May as well be 23 Points behind. Bed wetters??? On that show more optimists-little chance of play-offs never mind top two on that performance.
Been shite in almost every game yet still being 3 points off the top 6 is a good sign, is it not? Slight improvement sees us in them.

Been shite in almost every game yet still being 3 points off the top 6 is a good sign, is it not? Slight improvement sees us in them.
We were playing yet another team that has not won away all season. Teams above us also have games in hand. Face facts, we are just not good enough to take a crap league by the scruff of the neck and push on-chucked it away last two seasons and looks like we will do again this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back