Has anyone 'shared' their digital season ticket?

Tatty

Striker
I can't make the match on Wednesday due to work so my wife is taking my son. We've managed to share the digital season ticket for that match onto her Google wallet, but they both (my adult ticket and my son's U16 ticket) appear as adult tickets on her phone, and are both yellow, whereas on mine only mine is yellow and his is pink and shows as U16.

Presumably when they go to the Huddersfield match, they can use either ticket and one won't flash up as am U16s. Doesn't this mean it's open to abuse? What's to stop anyone buying a kids ticket for an adult and then just sharing it every match to get around it?

I can't make the match on Wednesday due to work so my wife is taking my son. We've managed to share the digital season ticket for that match onto her Google wallet, but they both (my adult ticket and my son's U16 ticket) appear as adult tickets on her phone, and are both yellow, whereas on mine only mine is yellow and his is pink and shows as U16.

Presumably when they go to the Huddersfield match, they can use either ticket and one won't flash up as am U16s. Doesn't this mean it's open to abuse? What's to stop anyone buying a kids ticket for an adult and then just sharing it every match to get around it?
I think the screen flashes junior or something so the steward can check.

I share mine with a mate and it seems to work ok. Though I think the climb up the PC may kill him.

I think the screen flashes junior or something so the steward can check.

I share mine with a mate and it seems to work ok. Though I think the climb up the PC may kill him.
It does that when I go in with him, but in my Google wallet one ticket is yellow and adult, the other is pink and U16 and as you say it flashes up as he goes in. On my wife's Google wallet, they're both showing yellow adult, which is what's making me think there'll be no way of telling.
When I did this we had to pay the difference
When I went through the e-ticket thing it was £0 at checkout.

My mate from work shared his season tickets with me for a game earlier this season. It was his and his Granda’s so an adult and over 65.

They both came thru as adult tickets with as £0 purchase price into my account. That was better for us as i wanted 2 adults anyway.

I presume they’ve done it like this as the system can’t yet deal with manual upgrades, or to make it less complicated on the new system.

It worked fine for us, I suspect they may bring upgrade fees back in future, but currently there’s no fee as it’s maybe it’s not cost efficient to have TO staff sorting upgrades manually.

My mate from work shared his season tickets with me for a game earlier this season. It was his and his Granda’s so an adult and over 65.

They both came thru as adult tickets with as £0 purchase price into my account. That was better for us as i wanted 2 adults anyway.

I presume they’ve done it like this as the system can’t yet deal with manual upgrades, or to make it less complicated on the new system.

It worked fine for us, I suspect they may bring upgrade fees back in future, but currently there’s no fee as it’s maybe it’s not cost efficient to have TO staff sorting upgrades manually.
For the first few games that happened, but now it just comes through as the same age unless you choose to pay to upgrade it when forwarding

I tried to send my sons to his grandads the other week so he could take him but for some reason SAFC think 10 year olds will be able to go to games by themselves if you pass their ticket in to a grand parent to take them.

I’m also still waiting for a reply to 3 emails I sent SAFC to find out how he gets entry to the Birmingham game two weeks ago.

They are hopeless.

So if my oap concession relative wants to share his tkt for my mate to use, it wont allow him. How do u pay difference to allow transfer of tkt for 1 match?? Ta
I imagine that's a ticket office query as we don't have the functionality in the site to change it yet

Did the same with my daughters ticket sent it to my mate, came up as an adult ticket for him and didn't highlight as being a kids ticket at the turnstile. Have done it several times had no bother.

So if my oap concession relative wants to share his tkt for my mate to use, it wont allow him. How do u pay difference to allow transfer of tkt for 1 match?? Ta
Is the upgrade option not showing for you? My kids ticket shows it for the millwall match. £22 to upgrade to adult

Shared a U16 to an adult account for use by an adult and that is how it appeared on the account it was shared to. Not that you'll have any bother as the stewards have never checked the age of the person against what the turnstile says upon entry.

the whole upgrading thing is being a bit weird at the minute.

I can pay £22 to upgrade a kids ticket to adult.

But if I transfer the ticket to another u12 account it turns into an adult ticket as part of the transfer :lol:

Back