Has anyone ever avoided a ban after accruing 12 points on a driving licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passed my test aug 89 and haven’t had a single point. I drive at the speed limit, it’s really not hard. Our lass has had loads of points over the years, when I’m in with her i’ll help out by shouting out what I think she’s doing. I’m normally very close or spot on. it’s confirmed by either a really feeble attempt at slowing down without me noticing before pointing out she’s “actually doing 30” :rolleyes: or a big “ ah fuck off” :lol:

If you do the crime do the time you f***ing idiot. Imagine speeding on nine points. Deserve a ban.
Harsh but true.

this, if there's disabled member(s) of your family that you usually give lifts to, that will help too
This shouldn’t matter. Nothing should. Shit drivers should think about this when they are speeding about.

Last edited:
Passed my test aug 89 and haven’t had a single point. I drive at the speed limit, it’s really not hard. Our lass has had loads of points over the years, when I’m in with her i’ll help out by shouting out what I think she’s doing. I’m normally very close or spot on. it’s confirmed by either a really feeble attempt at slowing down without me noticing before pointing out she’s “actually doing 30” :rolleyes: or a big “ ah fuck off” :lol:
Snap :-O

Been caught just once since.

Mate I used to work with had to go to court after he'd been caught speeding twice in a week while already on 6 points.

He was expecting a ban, but went with a letter from our boss and all that, they gave him 5 points and a fine.

Mate I used to work with had to go to court after he'd been caught speeding twice in a week while already on 6 points.

He was expecting a ban, but went with a letter from our boss and all that, they gave him 5 points and a fine.

Know a lad who had to go to cls court with 12 points, went to durham by accident, sped to cls, got stopped n the copper rang the court so he had 15 when he arrived!:lol:

Employs about a dozen folk, let off with a big fine.

You deserve a ban as you haven't changed your driving behaviour after earlier offences so I hope you get one. One less shite driver on the roads.

Sometimes your mind just wanders. Years back I once got done by the same speed camera in the space of 10 minutes. Once going up to the shop and once coming back. 'Think I was doing about 35 on both occasions.

Never had points on my licence for years though and do agree it's not difficult to stay within the regulated speed limits.

For the OP, a lad I knew years back bought this car that was rapid. So, he got up in the middle of the night so he could have a stretch down the motorway and of course he got pulled doing well over a hundred. He went to court and was expecting a lengthy ban, he already had points on his licence but I can't remember how many.

When he went to court, he got the train rather than drove, and that went in his favour. I can't remember if he got away without a ban or had a much reduced banning time. But, I know he got off lightly and the reason he mentioned was that not driving to court was seen as some sort of remorse for his actions.

Sometimes your mind just wanders. Years back I once got done by the same speed camera in the space of 10 minutes. Once going up to the shop and once coming back. 'Think I was doing about 35 on both occasions.

Never had points on my licence for years though and do agree it's not difficult to stay within the regulated speed limits.

For the OP, a lad I knew years back bought this car that was rapid. So, he got up in the middle of the night so he could have a stretch down the motorway and of course he got pulled doing well over a hundred. He went to court and was expecting a lengthy ban, he already had points on his licence but I can't remember how many.

When he went to court, he got the train rather than drove, and that went in his favour. I can't remember if he got away without a ban or had a much reduced banning time. But, I know he got off lightly and the reason he mentioned was that not driving to court was seen as some sort of remorse for his actions.

Odd

We got off with speeding points with no deal exceptional circumstances. Got caught speeding in Hull and I asked to see the picture because I said I've got 2 brothers and I don't know which one was driving. So the police made me drive all the way to a police station in Hull to look at the photo and I indentified who the driver was and the copper said that's great thanks. Then never heard anything again and he received no points or fine.

No offence to the OP, he seems a canny lad, but it's disgusting for anyone to get to 12 points and not receive a minimum 12 month ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back