Hartlepool United

Singh 0 v 5 Challinor.

Not sure why they have offered Curle a contract, hasn't exactly turned things around. The chairman there appears clueless.
I think it’s irrelevant who the manager is. The whole sale summer signings made by Hartley have been awful (with exception of Umerah) and most don’t look L2 standard.

I think it’s irrelevant who the manager is. The whole sale summer signings made by Hartley have been awful (with exception of Umerah) and most don’t look L2 standard.
Yes but when the chairman dismantles the good work meaning the manager needs to sign about 10-12 players, gives him £20 to do so, it's a nigh in impossible job. The last 15 months have seen some good players leave the club because the owners has a Poundland mentality. Owner is to blame 100%. If the chairman was serious when the good players would have stayed at the club. Curle was watching Darlington on Friday night and Newcastle U21s recently which tells you the market the club will target in January. Owner 100% to blame.
I used to work in Teesside about 20 years ago and trevelled up and down the A19 nearly every day. A couple of times a week, I would see a Northumbria Police car on the A1231, A183 or A690 bridge; the sight of a Durham Police car was rare and occasionally, I would see a Cleveland Police car, usually just before the Tees flyover. The day after Sunderland beat Middlesbrough when Mick McCarthy was manager, I was on my way into work and just as you cross the boundry into Cleveland territory, there was a police car sitting on the A179 bridge above the southbound lanes. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Yes but when the chairman dismantles the good work meaning the manager needs to sign about 10-12 players, gives him £20 to do so, it's a nigh in impossible job. The last 15 months have seen some good players leave the club because the owners has a Poundland mentality. Owner is to blame 100%. If the chairman was serious when the good players would have stayed at the club. Curle was watching Darlington on Friday night and Newcastle U21s recently which tells you the market the club will target in January. Owner 100% to blame.

The tweet has now been deleted like.

Totally agree. When inexperienced players from the lower reaches of the Scottish leagues were being signed for peanuts the warning signs were there.

Statement re pre football match social media post

We are aware of some members of the public voicing concern on social media regarding a tweet about our deployment of police dogs to the Hartlepool v Stockport match.

The officers who issued the message certainly did not intend to cause any offence or concern, and it is regrettable that their pre-match message somewhat missed the mark.
( :lol: :lol: :lol: ^)
We will work with them to ensure this doesn’t happen again and this will include offering guidance on effective engagement with the public via social media.

Cleveland Police always works hard with partner agencies to ensure football matches (and other large-scale events) are as safe, family friendly and enjoyable for all as they can be - and our Dog Support Section plays an important part in this.

No arrests were made at yesterday’s match, and this is testament to the excellent engagement and behaviour of fans from both sides. We would like to thank the fans and both clubs for this.

Totally agree. When inexperienced players from the lower reaches of the Scottish leagues were being signed for peanuts the warning signs were there.
Raj Singh hadn't even heard of Paul Hartley when Hartley was recommended to them. They originally went to Scotland for someone else. He appeared to blame Adrian Bevington for the Hartley appointment. Absolutely criminal some of the players who have been allowed to leave.

It is at the moment, Guardiola couldn't turn things around down there, with that Chairman running the show, remember it was him who employed Hartley, not a week after previous manager was sacked but 6 or 7 weeks later, meaning Hartley had didn't really have a proper pre season. Not defending Hartley, he was useless, but to blame everything on him is wrong, the buck stops with the owner.
Probably doing the job for minimum wage.

Most definitely. You get what you pay for, unless you have a really good backroom and scouting system, and they haven't.

Last edited:
It is at the moment, Guardiola couldn't turn things around down there, with that Chairman running the show, remember it was him who employed Hartley, not a week after previous manager was sacked but 6 or 7 weeks later, meaning Hartley had didn't really have a proper pre season. Not defending Hartley, he was useless, but to blame everything on him is wrong, the buck stops with the owner.

Most definitely. You get what you pay for, unless you have a really good backroom and scouting system, and they haven't.
The owner hadn't even heard of Paul Hartley

Says it all then, makes it even worse. He must've signed it off though. Whether he did or he didn't shows the bloke up to be clueless when it comes to running a football club as a business.
From the programme notes a while back he seemed to imply they targeted someone else in Scotland and then Adrian Bevington (who was working for the club) was recommended Hartley. Raj claims he hadn't even heard of Hartley. Shambolic

From the programme notes a while back he seemed to imply they targeted someone else in Scotland and then Adrian Bevington (who was working for the club) was recommended Hartley. Raj claims he hadn't even heard of Hartley. Shambolic

Yep. The staff turnover at the club is off the scale. Everyone knows any business with a high turnover of staff is usually on the road to nowhere.

I was at the club open day pre season and the clubs ceo was mingling with fans explaining plans for the future etc. Never heard as much bull***t pr speak in my life. Came across as a completely insincere knacker.

Back