Harmison's Benefit Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Colonel

I note that details of Harmison's benefit events are out:

http://www.harmy611benefit.co.uk/?page_id=84

It was always said that a lot of the events would either involve golf or be in London (Flintoff, Vaughan and co in attendance) and so it has been proved.

Its kind of sad that there is so little goodwill towards Harmison now after the way he has pissed Durham about since he got his huge contract and I would imagine that we'll be seeing little of him on the cricket pitch in his final year.

Sad way to end cricket wise.

compare the events with some of the fixtures:

http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/fixtures/2013-first-xi/

nice too see for example that he has his huge gala dinner in London the day before Durham play Hampshire. He's obviously decided that he isnt available for selection for that one.:roll:

Last edited:

The event the other week was attended only by a few people representing DCCC (Cook was one of them).

I'll not be bothering with any of those events.

The April 6th event is when we play Durham Uni at home (Day 2).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Harmy anymore.

He was a great bowler and is just about retired so I'm not bothered if he doesn't play another game for us. We've got plenty of bowlers capable of taking wickets so let's just ride out his contract and look forward to all that extra cash we'll save on his wages when he is gone.

I've decided I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Harmy anymore.

He was a great bowler and is just about retired so I'm not bothered if he doesn't play another game for us. We've got plenty of bowlers capable of taking wickets so let's just ride out his contract and look forward to all that extra cash we'll save on his wages when he is gone.
Fair points there Aidan.

He's still saying, publicly at least, that he hopes Durham will still employ him after his contract ends this season. I can't imagine what sort of role he could fulfill as he doesn't seem at all keen to spend time at the ground when he's not playing.

He's still saying, publicly at least, that he hopes Durham will still employ him after his contract ends this season. I can't imagine what sort of role he could fulfill as he doesn't seem at all keen to spend time at the ground when he's not playing.
It's laughable. He can hardly spend anytime as it as at Durham. He's never in Austins, never fit, never seems to put himself up for selection and by and large has been forgotten about.

Other than paying his comparatively massive wages, cricket wise, he is the invisible man. He has bled the club dry for the last 3/4 years.

The last time he contributed anything of note was when he skittled Warwickshire about 2 or 3 seasons ago.

The club should cut all ties with him when his contract is finished. He hasn't been bothered about Durham CCC for a good while now

Very rarely seen at the ground & hardly ever in Austin's after a game with the rest of the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might put a quid in his collection bucket if they have any around the ground next season.

I used to love Harmison at his best for England.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ70wtD-fLA[/ame]

I bet someone puts the famous 1st ball at the Gabba up.

Better off giving it to charity he's earned enough over his career and if he hasn't got much left then he can do what we all have to do and get a proper job.

Exactly. Someone like Harmison doesnt need a benefit. He's already earned enough over his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back