Happy Birthday Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Or are from a different era of fans and have no affinity to Charlie Hurley?
Charlie Hurley was one of the greatest players ever to play for Sunderland and Ireland. To say you have no affinity to King Charlie because he is from a different era is stupid. It's like Liverpool fans having no affinity with Dalglish or Man Utd fans with Best. If we had of called Jermain Defoe The King I'd understand but to call a League One journeyman The King is embarrassing.

Charlie Hurley was one of the greatest players ever to play for Sunderland and Ireland. To say you have no affinity to King Charlie because he is from a different era is stupid. It's like Liverpool fans having no affinity with Dalglish or Man Utd fans with Best. If we had of called Jermain Defoe The King I'd understand but to call a League One journeyman The King is embarrassing.

It’s not stupid. I’ve never seen him play so I don’t have that sort of feeling towards him.

I recognise that he’s part of our history and one of the best players we’ve ever had, from what I’ve heard.

I don’t call Maguire the king either, mind, I just don’t get why people get annoyed about it and bring Hurley into it when it’s clearly a bit of fun anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back