Happy birthday Chris Maguire

When he could be arsed he was one of the few players we had during the Donald era that somewhat resembled a footballer but unfortunately that didn't happen anywhere near enough.

On the whole I remember him with more fondness than most of the plodders we had during that time and the pissing and wailing on here about 'The King' moniker will never cease to amuse me.

This is why you have a shite like to post ratio. Just be nice man, Chris gets on here and was a decent servant.
I think he got paid and didn't have to eat in the below stairs kitchen (unless McDonald's is the modern equivalent). There were lots worse than him but it was League One so the competition was high. I liked him more than a lot of our League One players

It’s a travesty that a shite league 1 player like Chris Maguire was ever called ‘the King’.
King "for a day" when he came back with Lincoln and planted three in the net. Then he taunted our manager on the bench ! Think it was Neil but sure I'll be corrected if wrong.

Last edited:
Decent player for us at league one level, scored some massive goals and some really good performances. Inconsistent but more fondly remembered than some. Would be welcome back at the SOL for me! (Not as a player obviously :lol:)

Back