Had a stupid amount of alcohol

I think I was more alarmed at a chicken royale meal being over £9 than I was a pint being over £6
I didnt think any of it was bad to honest - bait in the hotel bar when we got there was stupid prices but that was to expected - all the rest was not much different having a beer in Edinburgh, Manchester etc

I didnt think any of it was bad to honest - bait in the hotel bar when we got there was stupid prices but that was to expected - all the rest was not much different having a beer in Edinburgh, Manchester etc
£21 in Five Guys was a bit of a joke like. Bacon Cheeseburger, regular fries and a bottle of Bud (that was a fiver like). The lad did give is a free refillable Coke though and said well done for the win.

Ya get stacks of chips like - a big cone between us woulda probably done.

Last edited:
£21 in Five Guys was a bit of a joke like. Bacon Cheeseburger, regular fries and a bottle of Bud (that was a fiver like). The lad did give is a free refillable Coke though and said well done for the win.

Five Guys is expensive anywhere though - me and the boy went for a curry on Brick Lane and it was ideal - change from 60quid

I do like Five Guys but even with a soft drink you hardly get change out of £20 in London.

Pizza Union at Kings Cross was only £9.50 for a pizza and small beer.

Last edited:
I do like Five Guys but even with a soft drink you hardly get change out of £20 in London.

Pizza Union at Kings Cross was only £9.50 for a pizza and small beer.
I've never been before. Knew it was meant to be pricey like. Imagine it's not much dearer than the Newcastle* branch.

*As I mentioned on another thread, the Arena on Friday night was more expensive for a pint (£7.50) than Wembley.

Drove down, got into London for about 11am and had 10 pints before getting the train back to Stevenage about 11pm
Felt ok the next day and drove home.

But I was wiped out after that. Too much driving* considering what went on inbetween. Apparently we walked over 11 miles anarl - and I bet half of those were f***ing steps up to tubes :lol:

*but worth it to save about £200 per person overall.

Experience tells me it's never wise to try and work it out.
went to some places recommended on the craft beer thread on Friday afternoon. Had some absolutely outstanding pints. Then a silly amount in Trafalgar square.
spent a ridiculous amount of money in that German kebab place. Trashed by midnight.

Saturday was fine after a mammoth breakfast buffet at the Premier Inn.

Saturday was a lot more reserved. Probably curtailed by the shite beers available in and around Wembley

Last edited:
Tricky if you’re drinking in one place, but relatively easy if you’re a 1 pint per pub man.

Impossible if you go in rounds over a long session like that. Always lose track when you’re having to a travel about.

I imagine you’re well on top of that though. Probably have a hat which gets passed on to the person whose round it is next or something.

Back