Gta v

• Thread starter Deleted member 23551
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Theft Auto V has been officially announced by Rockstar this afternoon, with industry whispers continuing to suggest that the fifth open-world instalment could be set to make the switch to a real-world city - specifically, Los Angeles.

Evidence from as far back as last December suggests that GTA V is being codenamed 'Rush' and features characters including a "Welsh monk/cult leader/yoga teacher", a "weed evangelist", a "swinger" and - top of the pops - "an ugly but comfortable mellow Californian divorcee".

Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?

Alongside the loud-mouthed actor/comic Gilbert Gottfried - himself an L.A resident - CVG has heard whispers of "ridiculous" voice talent for GTA V, with even Robert De Niro being muttered as a possible candidate.

There's also chatter that Rockstar could be set to show off a living, breathing Los Angeles as the location for the next instalment - landmarks and all.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time Rockstar has mapped the entire city; Way before L.A Noire's painstakingly recreated 1940s L.A - all by Team Bondi's hand, but offering plenty of assets to dip into - there was Midnight Club: L.A. Built by Rockstar's San Diego and London studios.

The title provided an impressive, open-world environment for players to roam freely in and, perhaps, the perfect map to build a 2011 blockbuster on.

GTA 5's official 'V' logo - which looks more than a little bit like a US bank note - also seems to back up rumours that the next game will feature themes of global recession, yet another suggestion that Rockstar could be taking a step towards the real world.

There's only a week to wait before all is revealed. Keep your eyes on these pages.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323797/gta-v-is-official-but-is-it-set-in-real-world-la/

Cant wait for it. Hope they don't go rediculous with the realism though. Part of the brilliance of San Andreas was driving trains, harriers and the rest of it.

Cant wait for it. Hope they don't go rediculous with the realism though. Part of the brilliance of San Andreas was driving trains, harriers and the rest of it.

Most definitely the most pointless and boring aspect of roaming about that game freely.

Fuckin love the game though. Been tempted to set up the PS2 for weeks.

:) I'm ridiculously excited for this, can't wait to see the trailer. I really liked 4 myself, but something leaning a bit close to SA would be class.

Gerrin! :-D

Cant wait for this, love GTA's...hopefully it will be more like Vice City and San Andreas than GTA 4

In what way? GTA4 pushed the boundaries of gaming far further than the GTA3 addons did!

I you mean in terms of storyline I have to agree, although TBOGT was the best addition to GTA4 version. Niko was a crap character and the voice acting was pish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back