Grumpy old bloke

Did he have two dogs saw one a couple weeks crossing towards the city hall Shouting at slow cars shouting your trying to kill my dogs. Then I want the driver killed he was a bit of a loon. 7 o’clock in the morning so couldn’t be alcohol.

He sounds like he has issues and is likely mentally ill. Obviously he'll get zero sympathy for that on here. Just piss taking.
We used to hide/ lock people like that away in institutions and homes. All those places are gone now though.

He sounds like he has issues and is likely mentally ill. Obviously he'll get zero sympathy for that on here. Just piss taking.We used to hide/ lock people like that away in institutions and homes. All those places are gone now though.

Even if he has mental illness, does that permit him to verbally abuse people? threaten them with his walking stick? Racially abused people? Shout at disabled people?
There’s an assumption he’s mentally ill but he’s compos mentis enough to verbally abuse people in a concise way.
My sympathies lie with the innocent people going about their lives when this ar*ehole chooses to be aggressive to them.

Last edited:
Even if he has mental illness, does that permit him to verbally abuse people? threaten them with his walking stick? Racially abused people? Shout at disabled people?
There’s an assumption he’s mentally ill but he’s compos mentis enough to verbally abuse people in a concise way.
My sympathies lie with the innocent people going about their lives when this ar*ehole chooses to be aggressive to them.
Have already stated this “ar*ehole” has been Sectioned several times . My sympathies lie with people who have no compassion with people with mental health problems.

Have already stated this “ar*ehole” has been Sectioned several times . My sympathies lie with people who have no compassion with people with mental health problems.

I do have sympathy and compassion with people with mental health problems, I’ve got first hand experience actually. you can blame the system, but primarily my sympathy is for someone for instance a disabled woman trying to do her Christmas shopping then being threatened to the point she was shaking with fear, on the verge of tears……is this not breaking the law? Or does he get to do anything he wants with impunity on the basis of his health. What if he starts hitting people?

Last edited:
I didn't say he has the right to do any of those things. I just explained to you or any of the other haters/ piss takers why he might be like that. If he's a danger to the public he shouldn't be out and about. I suspect he's a noise maker rather than a danger though. Otherwise he wouldn't be out and about. Try and control your anger when you see people like that. Have a little empathy or sympathy and just be glad he isn't you or a member of your family. If you think he's dangerous then call the police. Alternatively start a thread on here I suppose, whichever makes you feel better..There but for the grace of god, etc.

Anyone know of this old fella who goes around Sunderland in the most cantankerous manner?
Shouts at people cycling on the pavement , kicking litter, complaining about people of non-white ethnicity.

I caught the end of an argument in town last week, angrily shouting at a disabled woman because she had the audacity to be dropped off in a disabled bay

He’s an absolute a*sehole

Aye seen him on the bus a few times from grangetown into the town, he's a nightmare. Was hitting the drivers door with his stick telling him to go through the red light at the bottom villette road cos there was nowt coming. Said he was going to miss his hospital appointment then got off in town anyway.

Stormed across the road through live traffic outside of the museum and went mad with a woman for nearly knocking him over

Saw him doing the same on the bridge a different time walking down the cycle lane kicking off with cyclists

I feel like he's going to get himself into bother one day

My wife's sister and brother in law have a mentally and physically disabled son. When he was a little kid adults would look at him with sympathy and 'ahh what a shame' looks on their faces. Fast forward a couple of decades and he's now a man and still being looked after by his parents. The looks now are not of 'ahh what a shame'. They are looks of disgust, so they stopped taking him out. He's in a care facility now as his parents are too old. They can't care for, or handle him anymore because of his size.

I didn't say he has the right to do any of those things. I just explained to you or any of the other haters/ piss takers why he might be like that. If he's a danger to the public he shouldn't be out and about. I suspect he's a noise maker rather than a danger though. Otherwise he wouldn't be out and about. Try and control your anger when you see people like that. Have a little empathy or sympathy and just be glad he isn't you or a member of your family. If you think he's dangerous then call the police. Alternatively start a thread on here I suppose, whichever makes you feel better..There but for the grace of god, etc.

Control my anger? Starting a discussion about him isn’t tantamount to anger, it fosters in a discussion that can be helpful, for instance I wasn’t aware he had mental health issues. Nor has anyone retaliated against him despite being on the end of his broadsides.
On the face of things he’s a coherent person shouting racial slurs and verbally abusing people across town.
Perhaps his family should be more proactive keeping an eye on him, not just for random belligerence but for his own safety. Eg if he’s walking out in front of traffic

Don’t know if it’s the same bloke but he gets the bus in Fawcett streets and is always shouting or arguing with someone. Started smacking his stick off the bus stop the other week and shouting at the buses :lol:
Sounds like the one who got on my bus, dirty rat blew his nose into his wool gloves then wiped it on the bus hand rail.
No wonder there's all these colds and diseases going about.

Back