Grigg Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

safcroker

Midfield
2-1 up with 10/15 minutes left, whats going through Ross’s mind putting Grigg on? Hes not going to hold it up. Hes not going to run in behind and stretch them. Hes not going to win anything in the air. Surely that was the time to put another body in CM

2-1 up with 10/15 minutes left, whats going through Ross’s mind putting Grigg on? Hes not going to hold it up. Hes not going to run in behind and stretch them. Hes not going to win anything in the air. Surely that was the time to put another body in CM

McGeady/Maguire were paggered and we dont have another winger for the bench. He was left with very little other option for fresh legs.

Exactly my though. Strange one. Dobson on in the centre for leadbitter at that stage. Bit odd.

Felt similar HOWEVER we saw the game out with relative ease and rarely looked in trouble so I think we probably need to give Ross some credit.

McGeady/Maguire were paggered and we dont have another winger for the bench. He was left with very little other option for fresh legs.
Hume made sense going wide. Just didn’t understand his thinking with Grigg. Feel like at times he leaves subs too long and then feels obligated to play him

Dobson was an ideal replacement

Putting a midfielder on And he gets nailed for sitting back on a lead.

I’m all for being slightly arrogant in this league - you’ve got to score, your gonna leave gaps, we’re more likely to score than you are. Keane used to do this aswell. I like it.

I personally think putting a holding midfielder on and defending a 1 goal lead is the mistake he’s made in the last 60 games!

Not a problem for me

Putting a midfielder on And he gets nailed for sitting back on a lead.

I’m all for being slightly arrogant in this league - you’ve got to score, your gonna leave gaps, we’re more likely to score than you are. Keane used to do this aswell. I like it.

I personally think putting a holding midfielder on and defending a 1 goal lead is the mistake he’s made in the last 60 games!

Not a problem for me
Putting a player on thats going to actually add some value would be my choice. Just because a CM comes on doesnt mean they have to sit deep. We already had wyke on up top. If we had a striker on the bench that would graft, run and hold it up id be all for it

Putting a player on thats going to actually add some value would be my choice. Just because a CM comes on doesnt mean they have to sit deep. We already had wyke on up top. If we had a striker on the bench that would graft, run and hold it up id be all for it

Well then you need to look at the player not the manager. He put a £4m striker on and basically asked him to run around a bit and make their life hard. The fact he didn’t isn’t the managers fault, it’s the player.

Well then you need to look at the player not the manager. He put a £4m striker on and basically asked him to run around a bit and make their life hard. The fact he didn’t isn’t the managers fault, it’s the player.
Youd think the manager had never seen the player play before if thats the case

Youd think the manager had never seen the player play before if thats the case

Like I say mate, blame the player before the manager on this occasion, in my opinion of course. He didn’t even need to score or do anything really - just run around a bit.

If we really think we have the best players in the league, which I do, then you need the players to do the very basic elements of their jobs right

Said exactly the same thing.. Leadbitter was blowing with 15 minutes left.. Dobson was the obvious sub to add some legs. Grigg just leaves you a man short, wandering about doing fuck all!!

We won

Like I say mate, blame the player before the manager on this occasion, in my opinion of course. He didn’t even need to score or do anything really - just run around a bit.

If we really think we have the best players in the league, which I do, then you need the players to do the very basic elements of their jobs right
Yeah i dont hate the idea of putting a striker on and pressuring them from the top. So i agree with you on that.

Tbf Grigg did make a clearance from the edge / just inside the box so it’s not like he came on a just stood up top like a milk bottle.

Maybe there was some man-management going on there.

Hume made sense going wide. Just didn’t understand his thinking with Grigg. Feel like at times he leaves subs too long and then feels obligated to play him

Hume isn't a winger though is he? It may have made sense bringing him on because we were so intent on holding the lead and he's a defender but in another game it's 1-1 we don't have another wide option in that scenario.

Grigg came on cos it was either him or a CM. Mind, we could have pushed Power up and put Dobson on which wouldn't have had Grigg on. We just don't have a sub no 10 (Where's Embleton gone?) or a sub winger bar Watmore who is always injured.

terrified of being labelled negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back