Greg Halford.

Interesting read. He was an absolute **** at Wolves and for a good while after, actively going after the club in any press opportunity he got.

Talking Wolves did an interview a couple of years back for his side of the story I think.

Last edited:
He goes into it on Undr The Cosh.
That’s all I can add as the only thing I remember about the podcast was him saying he wasn’t a coke head

Know an ex pro who played in a retired player seniors league and he only mentioned two players. Lee Hendrie for being someone you could punch to death happily and Greg Halford for being the shittest professional footballer he ever played against.

Halford was rubbish for us but I hope he’s an inspiration to lots of young autistic people that you can make it in any field.

He goes into it on Undr The Cosh.
That’s all I can add as the only thing I remember about the podcast was him saying he wasn’t a coke head
Plenty of coke heads in the premier league in recent years. Seen with my own eyes a Premier league player doing it in a toilet when he was playing for Southampton. Still plays pro football in England too. Plenty of stories will come out about him once he retires I'm sure.

Didn’t realise McCkean was neuro divergent too although the lack of filter and way he communicated some things probably were indicators.
Halford cones across really well in that article, as I previously posted I really hope he can be an inspiration for neurovergent people generally but particularly in sport and football.

Back