Greetings from Coventry tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one positive I will be home earlier than a home game.
Traffic depending we should kick off at 3:00pm and Sadly nothing Jimmy will be able to do about it. Not that the football will bring in a bumper crowd.
A mate of mine (not a Swindon fan) is coming down with a few Swindon fans in the ex Kaiser Chiefs Tour bus......I predict a riot :) ........ at least that may bring a smile before the kick off.
Interesting week where Sherwood had been fined £2k for comments made at halftime at Bury away. Now also confirmed that he will no longer have any responsibility for team selection.
Yes Tim we have proved you were shit anyway and the saying you can't polish a turd applies to this current squad. Selected and signed by our wonderful Chairman who now owns two football clubs, Swindon and Waterford in Ireland. Get Waterford in the Champions League and then maybe we can be purchased for another £1 by somebody who will take us forward and we go again.

Well we have sold out our allocation and tickets can be purchased on the day. Maybe another 10,000 will travel ......if only. Well at least it's a big stadium and we can dodge mad Phil.
Another one of our legendary fans passed away this week. 84 years old Arthur Wiseman the ex Chippenham Cinema Picture Projectionist, he would play the spoons at halftime in front of anyone who would dare to stand near him.

My youngest lad is looking forward to it. His 3rd trip already to the Coventry ground. At least next season he will get in many new ones on Tour around Division Two.
As always despite the moans will get behind the lads from the start. "Foldy" arms with a win ratio Of 26% needs a win, in fact we need 7 points out of the next 3 games or we could be down at Easter. With a match ball sponsor already booked for the last home game we may need to get the press gang in to boost the numbers.

Keep the faith, its shit but its our shit. No sentiment in football and as Supporters during the dark times you still have two choices, go or don't go.
We go again............the good times will come again (maybe even I don't believe that anymore but a 9 year old still believes in his Dad).
Well at least he gets home to watch motd and he really gets it. This is how football should be played and this is "me" and my Dads team.
Played 6 lost 5 and drawn 1 our current form..............you have to win sometime.

Great post, like the reference to the late kick off, you obviously get it. Hope you win tomorrow mate, btw, how old are you ? (Roughly will do)
What is the current position with Sherwood ?
You use the phrase Keep The Faith, is that a Swindon phrase or is it pinched from here ?
You should bring your lad up here.

Great post, like the reference to the late kick off, you obviously get it. Hope you win tomorrow mate, btw, how old are you ? (Roughly will do)
You use the phrase Keep The Faith, is that a Swindon phrase or is it pinched from here ?

Yep @Swindon On Tour definitely needs to visit Sunderland with his lads

They've seen how awesome our support can be at Burnley but need to visit the SoL

53 going on 21. Struggle to act my age and still as daft as I was when I was in my 20's. The young lasses at work reckon I still look mid 40's thus got everything going for me like :). I get the Coventry connection dare I say playing against the Shit heads or Slave Traders as we call them.
Sherwood is an absolute twat and I like most Swindon fansa detest him. He is Powers mate and we haven't got a clue what the fuck he is doing. If anything goes right it's down to him and if anything goes wrong it's down to "Foldy" arms who has as much charisma as a turd.
Keep the faith is a term used in Swindon for many years and so real.
We equally share the Wise men anthem.
It's got to that stage now of realism but I do try and keep a sense of humour. Gone through the depressed stage and doing my best to get out of it.
My lad would love it going to the SOL. My eldest has almost given up but I will still get his season ticket just in case he gets back into it.
You are always a poster I recognise by the way.

Yep @Swindon On Tour definitely needs to visit Sunderland with his lads

They've seen how awesome our support can be at Burnley but need to visit the SoL

The dilemma would be if we played you lads or kids.
Reckon kids may just shade it.

53 going on 21. Struggle to act my age and still as daft as I was when I was in my 20's. The young lasses at work reckon I still look mid 40's thus got everything going for me like :). I get the Coventry connection dare I say playing against the Shit heads or Slave Traders as we call them.
Sherwood is an absolute twat and I like most Swindon fansa detest him. He is Powers mate and we haven't got a clue what the fuck he is doing. If anything goes right it's down to him and if anything goes wrong it's down to "Foldy" arms who has as much charisma as a turd.
Keep the faith is a term used in Swindon for many years and so real.
We equally share the Wise men anthem.
It's got to that stage now of realism but I do try and keep a sense of humour. Gone through the depressed stage and doing my best to get out of it.
My lad would love it going to the SOL. My eldest has almost given up but I will still get his season ticket just in case he gets back into it.
You are always a poster I recognise by the way.

The dilemma would be if we played you lads or kids.
Reckon kids may just shade it.
Funny how we share the same sayings like WMS, KTF and FTM's I'm sure you share the last one !
Sherwood is surely finished now in management.
You should save some money up and bring your lads up and stay over
Arrange to meet up with some of the lads and sample our pre match and post match atmosphere, which is basically singing and getting pished.
I have never been to Swindon.
. I have met three of our fans who were from Swindon and each on seperate occasions and they were proper lads.
In the play off final me and my mate had tkts for your end. We were both 6'3" 17 st skinhead types dressed as hula hula girls.
We were at the front of a group of about 200 of yours walking up Wembley Way, you sang your songs, us two sang ours, we got no bother whatsoever.
In your end we got no hassle at all. Might have been different if our team had turned up, but I have respect for you as a poster on here and for your club.
Good Luck for the future.

Funny how we share the same sayings like WMS, KTF and FTM's I'm sure you share the last one !
Sherwood is surely finished now in management.
You should save some money up and bring your lads up and stay over
Arrange to meet up with some of the lads and sample our pre match and post match atmosphere, which is basically singing and getting pished.
I have never been to Swindon.
. I have met three of our fans who were from Swindon and each on seperate occasions and they were proper lads.
In the play off final me and my mate had tkts for your end. We were both 6'3" 17 st skinhead types dressed as hula hula girls.
We were at the front of a group of about 200 of yours walking up Wembley Way, you sang your songs, us two sang ours, we got no bother whatsoever.
In your end we got no hassle at all. Might have been different if our team had turned up, but I have respect for you as a poster on here and for your club.
Good Luck for the future.

Top Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back