Great North Bike Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not enough training for me but completed in 6 hrs. Hard work but great day and weather was excellent. :-D

Enjoyed it, good conditions so a lot fast than I thought, was almost 2mph faster than my usual average, did it in 2hrs 54. Good training for the durham beast next week

Thinking about turning up and registering for the beast on the morning. But only if the weather's ok.:oops:

I'm doing The Beast Sunday, I thought it was a bit off road but all roads apparently ?? Will it be ok doing it on a MTB ?? I was hoping to do it in 4.5 hours.....hmmmm

I've read it's all road but some of the surfaces are not great and some a bit gravelly.

I'll be on my roadie but I'm sure there will be plenty on MTBs. I will probably end up envying the triples!

Where does this event take place? I might have a look at it for next year. Any comments on the difficulty and other things?

Starts from Sniperley Park and RIde beside Aykley Heads. 50 mile, up and down the biggest hills surrounding Durham. Hoping I do it in less than 5 hours to get away for me Sunday Dinner !!

Starts from Sniperley Park and RIde beside Aykley Heads. 50 mile, up and down the biggest hills surrounding Durham. Hoping I do it in less than 5 hours to get away for me Sunday Dinner !!

5hrs 31mins for me, never want to see another hill in my life !!!

:lol:

Well done mate, I am slightly ashamed to say me and my old man cut it short, we cut the Wolsingham loop out for various reasons (his idea ;)) . Ended up doing 38 mile or somet in 3.5 hrs. The climbs were unreal, what got me was a lot of them were straight after a descent but there there was a hairpin before the climb so you lost all momentum, absolute killers. Great route, lovely day and will be back next year to defeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back