Great Exhibition of the North.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New as in new ideas or new as in age?
Regeneration is just old shit shit knocked down and new shit put up.
If you knock greys monument down and put another ‘new’ one in place it’s hardly innovative.

Now the angel of the north was a different kettle of fish. Innovation at its best and forward thought that will last for hundreds of yours but even the angel turned its back on Newcastle.

Simple fact is we are as northerners not forward thinkers we are grafters and as long as we get something new and shiney we are happy.

Go read some of my early posts, the northern innovations being showcased are amazing.

Mining Institute?

Aye

New as in new ideas or new as in age?
Regeneration is just old shit shit knocked down and new shit put up.
If you knock greys monument down and put another ‘new’ one in place it’s hardly innovative.

Now the angel of the north was a different kettle of fish. Innovation at its best and forward thought that will last for hundreds of yours but even the angel turned its back on Newcastle.

Simple fact is we are as northerners not forward thinkers we are grafters and as long as we get something new and shiney we are happy.
If you came out with that in public or to anyone you ever wanted to have sex with you know what would happen yeah?

L
I was joking. I enjoyed the whole thing and don’t begrudge it or anyone enjoying it one bit. Some people are going on ridiculous.
Like me I guess you mean. Hey if watching Masimo park on a tugboat floats your boat I shall be the last person to stop you so let's have less of the personal stuff eh fella?

Because people don't agree with you they are not ridiculous.
I said some people are behaving ridiculous which they are. That’s hardly personal. I didn’t even say who. Some people in my opinion are very jealous of what Newcastle has become while Sunderland has stood still. I agree in that it is a shame but it is what it is and there’s no point crying about it.

I said some people are behaving ridiculous which they are. That’s hardly personal. I didn’t even say who. Some people in my opinion are very jealous of what Newcastle has become while Sunderland has stood still. I agree in that it is a shame but it is what it is and there’s no point crying about it.
No one is crying from I can see just making valid points that a great north exhibition should encompass more than Newcastle Gateshead.

Sunderland people should be upset as they paid for Newcastle to be regenerated whilst their city got very little out of numerous initiatives.

Yeah but loads have explained it does.

This!!!

The exhibition of the north is about promoting artists and performers from across the North! And that is what it is doing not the towns and cities of the north.

If Bradford had won the bid to host it would people think that Sunderland should be involved more?

Maybe in their opinion. Just leave it eh? If you want to go do and enjoy it. There will be a lot in the north east who will give it a wide berth.

I'm looking forward to the tall ships and air show personally.
Did you enjoy your visits to the Tall Ships when they were in the Tyne? Or is this just anti Newcastle stuff?

Maybe in their opinion. Just leave it eh? If you want to go do and enjoy it. There will be a lot in the north east who will give it a wide berth.

I'm looking forward to the tall ships and air show personally.
Tall ships is just a load of wood bolted together floating on some water and the Airshow is just a tube of metal going through mid air. I’d get yourself down to this personally and just watch the others on YouTube instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back