Grannie Annies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper good night in there last night. The place was chocka but the bar staff seemed canny decent at their jobs and the service was quick and the beer tasty. 8 quid for two pints will probably keep the southsiders away like.
@heston and his band were a lot better than I was expecting and I ended up stopping in there all night.
I'm not sure if it's always that busy on a saturday as I think most people were middle aged ex skinheads there to see the band but the place was bouncing, not a wannabe gangster in sight :lol:

Like Boris says, will go under in less than a year. The ‘dog-friendly’ aspect is an outdated notion that needs to be knocked on the head anarl.
Given its location, it would be suicide not to be dog friendly.

Was in the Promanade on Thursday because of this and it was very busy with a load of people with their dogs

Proper good night in there last night. The place was chocka but the bar staff seemed canny decent at their jobs and the service was quick and the beer tasty. 8 quid for two pints will probably keep the southsiders away like.
@heston and his band were a lot better than I was expecting and I ended up stopping in there all night.
I'm not sure if it's always that busy on a saturday as I think most people were middle aged ex skinheads there to see the band but the place was bouncing, not a wannabe gangster in sight :lol:
Given the ages involved, I doubt they would be ex skinheads.;)

Cheers mate, good to talk to you.

Aye the Queen Vic is shite anarl like.

Honourable mention to the New Derby who have the rudest staff and the weirdest looking regulars.
Not been in there since Roker park days. Live just round corner now but no desire to go in. Not been in the wolsey for at least 10 years so can't comment on that place.

I'd been in the Roker before that and had to leave as the service was abysmal. Great service in smugglers. Good beer. Groups of lasses in and a good band. What's not to like? Dog shit of course but that is a general stain upon SR6 which needs eradicating.

I wonder if the poo labeller will be back on patrol this year .
Always get served quickly in the Roker despite the crowds

I have to say mind...it’s a bit off putting that the Troy’s Taxis brigade have decided to vicariously live the riviera lifestyle by decamping to Sunderland’s finest drinking route every weekend

Few? It was rammed with them when I tried to get in, couldn’t get a seat.
It’s a small place too

I'd been in the Roker before that and had to leave as the service was abysmal. Great service in smugglers. Good beer. Groups of lasses in and a good band. What's not to like? Dog shit of course but that is a general stain upon SR6 which needs eradicating.

I wonder if the poo labeller will be back on patrol this year .
They haven’t stopped. Roker Park is full of the little flags on weekends.

Rivals the Harbour View for being the worst bar in Roker.
Have you been in the new derby ? :lol:

I have to say mind...it’s a bit off putting that the Troy’s Taxis brigade have decided to vicariously live the riviera lifestyle by decamping to Sunderland’s finest drinking route every weekend

It’s a small place too
Poor bait boris that mind :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back