Gran Turismo 7

Yankee

Winger
This is looking really good. I've never actually played any of the series, but if its anything like DriveClub, I'll be getting this day one.

I think I had 3 for the PS2 and loved that but never had one since. This does look good so tempted, although I've got a few racing games off PS Plus and I tend to do a couple races then get bored. Think the other one I put any time into was Wreckfest because it had weird races and classes.

Been a long time player of the GT series - I had a Jap version of the original back when i had a chipped ps1. Had a full wheel/pedal set up for GT5 on the PS3 - that made the game so much better.

This is probably going to be the game I buy a PS5 for I reckon.

The biggest criticism ive had of GT games is the AI - its always been too easy to beat and computer controlled cars tended to run as if on rails and if you got in their way they would attempt to barge you off the road - hopefully with better processing power they can fix this - it did get better in GT sport but previous versions were notorious for it. That and 75 versions of the same nissan skyline!

Last edited:
Always bought these games and spent ridiculous amount of time playing them. Can't imagine I'll get this one simply because I don't want to play it without my steering wheel and getting that in and out along with my chair for it will be an absolute ballache.

Probs still get it though really

Always bought these games and spent ridiculous amount of time playing them. Can't imagine I'll get this one simply because I don't want to play it without my steering wheel and getting that in and out along with my chair for it will be an absolute ballache.

Probs still get it though really
i had my G25 on a wheel stand pro - was a heavy stand that could fold down almost flat so it could be stored in the cupboard. Would highly recommend it you ever get a new wheel set up. I could sit down and have the wheel in the right place in seconds.

i had my G25 on a wheel stand pro - was a heavy stand that could fold down almost flat so it could be stored in the cupboard. Would highly recommend it you ever get a new wheel set up. I could sit down and have the wheel in the right place in seconds.

I've got that setup already, G29 with wheelstand pro, it's in the cupboard upstairs. I just find it a ballache to get in and out all the time.
I'll probs still get the game but now I'm married stuff like my steering doesn't just get left out to the side of the room like it did one upon a time

I've got that setup already, G29 with wheelstand pro, it's in the cupboard upstairs. I just find it a ballache to get in and out all the time.
I'll probs still get the game but now I'm married stuff like my steering doesn't just get left out to the side of the room like it did one upon a time
Really regret selling my g25. Keep looking out for a second hand set up but not seen anything that has tempted me yet.

Hopefully pick up a g29 when I get a PS5.

Started with GT5 prologue and pre-ordered everyone since but I've not been checking progress on this.

After the GT Sport experience, I'll probably wait until the price drops. The visuals on new modelling are always great but the unique content can be consumed very quickly and single player tires pretty quickly unless you're a car fanatic.

I loved the GT6 online experience because of the focus on creating and finding like minded groups of people to play with. The Sport experience wasn't much kop for mid level players like me looking for clean, competitive racing. The matching system seemed ok on paper but the reality was brutal and soul destroying.

Bit the bullet and pre ordered.

The fact you can customise again was a major factor. Anyone else getting it?
I will, won't pre-order this time though.

The group I used to race with online have scattered to the winds with the onset of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and then GT Sport, so I'll be sticking to single player and wait for the price drop.

Bit the bullet and pre ordered.

The fact you can customise again was a major factor. Anyone else getting it?
Probably wont pre-order but will be a certainty i get it when out.

Seen a clip showing majority of how game will be built up and it looks insane. Could spend more time away from actual racing and just working on cars / getting them how you want.

Have they said if its online racing specific or is the main focus going to be against the AI?

Probably wont pre-order but will be a certainty i get it when out.

Seen a clip showing majority of how game will be built up and it looks insane. Could spend more time away from actual racing and just working on cars / getting them how you want.

Have they said if its online racing specific or is the main focus going to be against the AI?
Not sure on the specifics of single player vs online.

I did just for the bonuses. I can’t see it dipping in price for the foreseeable with it being exclusive.
I will, won't pre-order this time though.

The group I used to race with online have scattered to the winds with the onset of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and then GT Sport, so I'll be sticking to single player and wait for the price drop.
I think you’ll wait a a while for a price drop. It’s my first pre order for a long time.

Last edited:
I think you’ll wait a a while for a price drop. It’s my first pre order for a long time.
Any particular reason? I've not dug deep into it but the format looks very similar to previous full versions. Obviously graphics are a load better, AI is improved but that's true of each iteration over the previous.

Any particular reason? I've not dug deep into it but the format looks very similar to previous full versions. Obviously graphics are a load better, AI is improved but that's true of each iteration over the previous.
I think it’s the first time in a long while we’re back with full customisation. I just get a load of GT5 vibes about it.
We’ll find out tomorrow as the embargo is lifted around lunchtime.

Last edited:

Back