Graham Onions Retires

A superb bowler for Durham. All time leading wicket taker with many years of great service. In my humble opinion Bunny should of been offered the two year contract he wanted and also should have been offered a coaching role at Durham.

To not offer Bunny a two year deal and then bring Nathan Rimmington in on a two year deal was baffling and difficult to understand.

Bunny should of also gained more than nine caps for England. He never let them down when he was selected.

A superb bowler for Durham. All time leading wicket taker with many years of great service. In my humble opinion Bunny should of been offered the two year contract he wanted and also should have been offered a coaching role at Durham.

To not offer Bunny a two year deal and then bring Nathan Rimmington in on a two year deal was baffling and difficult to understand.

Bunny should of also gained more than nine caps for England. He never let them down when he was selected.
Excellent point about Rimmington.

I presume DCCC knew about his back injury and didn't think he'd play hat much. Other than one or two cameos with the bat, Rimmington has been poor, and he's a clueless T20 captain.

Any chance he can open the batting for Durham?

He won the game for Lancs last season at Gosforth in the 50 over game with a few lusty sixes so why not?:D

Joking aside though - a superb bowler for the county who - rather like the other two Durham bowlers who have taken 500 FC wickets for us- should have represented his country a lot more than he did.

All the best Bunny in whatever you do next.

One half of the double act which prompted a comment from my lass at the time. “Do you have to be named after a hot dog topping to be a cricketer” :lol: Mustard obviously the other

One half of the double act which prompted a comment from my lass at the time. “Do you have to be named after a hot dog topping to be a cricketer” :lol: Mustard obviously the other

glad you explained that one

Slightly out of date as Rushy has passed 500. Superior average though and taken 15 wickets in a match.

Also born in Sunderland and never left Durham which is worth an extra 50 wickets.

i don't fault bunny for leaving durham, that wasn't his choice. but rushy being a MLF makes him infinitely better i agree.

Last edited:

Back