Graham Clark

Well deserved for a great pro but what a f***ing shambles.

Needs to be a limit on how many players from each county can be released, and I presume DCCC will be subsidized for their loss?

Only the ECB could completely bastardise a format in which we are world champions. They will probably be secretly pleased if we get knocked out the world cup early to further hammer it home.

What's the point of having auctions for 16 players for each squad if you can call up replacements at random?
However, Opportunity for Macintosh for Durham and for McKinney to step up and prove himself.

Well deserved for a great pro but what a f***ing shambles.

Needs to be a limit on how many players from each county can be released, and I presume DCCC will be subsidized for their loss?

Only the ECB could completely bastardise a format in which we are world champions. They will probably be secretly pleased if we get knocked out the world cup early to further hammer it home.

do many other countries put much emphasis on 50 over format? seems to me now a lot of countries just rely on them playing T20 and saying play a bit longer

Probably but means nowt as its not like we have an much time for an opportunity to use that to plug a gap in our squad.. we'll probably just get an hourly rate for however long he's sat on the bench during each 16.4 game :lol:
Or a flat fee per drink carried?

I don’t agree with that last paragraph at all.

It’s not only the ECB at all

I am confused why everybody seems to be suggesting it’s and only England only the ECB who have put less emphasis on 50 over cricket.

It’s clearly a worldwide trend, do we think 50 over domestic competition in India is higher profile than IPL, similar in Australia with big bash and South Africa with their new T20 competition.

Ashwin said earlier in the year he doesn’t play 50 over cricket at all.

Rightly or wrongly soon as T20 took off it was inevitable countries would not put as much emphasis on 50 over cricket which has happened

I am not saying it’s right or wrong mind, but think it’s totally incorrect to suggest only England has made 50 over cricket less important domestically it’s happening everywhere imo.

And as for saying you think they hope they get knocked out early, that’s just silly, you a far better poster to talk that daft

Last edited:
I don’t agree with that last paragraph at all.

It’s not only the ECB at all

I am confused why everybody seems to be suggesting it’s only England
Ashwin said earlier in the year he doesn’t play 50 over cricket at all.

Rightly or wrongly soon as T20 took off it was inevitable countries would not put as much emphasis on 50 over cricket which has happened.

I am not saying it’s right or wrong mind, but think it’s totally incorrect to suggest only England has made 50 over cricket less important domestically it’s happening everywhere imo.

And as for saying you think they hope they get knocked out early, that’s just silly, you a far better poster to talk that daft
It's only England afaia though that have 2 domestic competitions running concurrently.On their own admittance they regard the One day competition as a development competition. Clearly they regard it as an insignificance and,a hindrance to their Hundred project. It follows surely that they don't regard success in ODIs as of any importance. Per se, that last sentence is not daft; it's a perfectly logical conclusion.

Back