Graham Clark

It's only England afaia though that have 2 domestic competitions running concurrently.On their own admittance they regard the One day competition as a development competition. Clearly they regard it as an insignificance and,a hindrance to their Hundred project. It follows surely that they don't regard success in ODIs as of any importance. Per se, that last sentence is not daft; it's a perfectly logical conclusion.
There is no doubt surely that 50 over cricket has took on less significance worldwide domestically in these last few years surely you can’t disagree with that?

Although as I have said before it doesn’t help by causing our own problems by having two short format competitions rather than one.

You know as well as I do they not hoping we get knocked out early in the World Cup.

Last edited:

Might as well scrap the 50 over cup if they are to persist with the 16-4.

I could not care only Carse and Sowter have played but Potts and Carse getting £60,000 for their stint so you can understand the players wanting it,

There is no doubt surely that 50 over cricket has taken on less significance worldwide
You know as well as I do they not hoping we get knocked out early in the World Cup.
I would say it's test cricket that is much less significant anywhere other than England. Priorities being T20, 50 over, Test in that order
I haven't got a clue how ECB's mindset works but clearly they don't have any respect for 1 day cricket. Total indifference to a competition implies that they're not interested in how the team perform in it. Semantics really moving that to hope for failure.
Being pedantic it's either "took" or "has taken", never "has took". :)
Might as well scrap the 50 over cup if they are to persist with the 16-4.

I could not care only Carse and Sowter have played but Potts and Carse getting £60,000 for their stint so you can understand the players wanting it,
Yes, one word describes it-bribery.
Ben clearly regards retaining the trophy important.

Last edited:
Fss, yeah, the 16.4 is a great idea 🤬

Anyone who likes this format is a c*nt quite frankly. It’s KILLING county cricket. NFQAT.
Given that the lowest payment is £30k presumably Clark will get 3/8ths of £30k"= £11250.
Good luck to the lad.I
If course it's a sick joke, it's FTECB who make up the rules as and when they wish.

Are the counties being remunerated per player provided too??

After all, it’s the counties that source the talent initially, it’s the counties that nurture the talent for years and years and it’s the counties that’ll pick up the pieces when these players get injured and will nurse them back to fitness - all at their own expense.

FT16.4, FTECB and FACTLT16.4.
Not picked for tonight's game.

Utter utter c*nts.

Last edited:
Delighted for Clarky, fully deserved and probably overdue, but on the flipside the 16 4 hammers another nail into our one day cup hopes.

Has he played yet?
No.

I think out of all the Durham players in this format only Carse and Sowter are playing regularly.

Raine finally got a game for Manchester at the weekend and was dropped for tonight's match.

I just hope when we get back to the CC these lads aren't out of nick because they got little or no game time.

Play again tomorrow so we shall see.

They played their spare batsman Muyeye the other day so it begs the question why they needed to call up Clark. Seeing as Muyeye has been carrying drinks all of August.
And he didnt even bat IIRC despite losing a few wickets and being listed at 3

And he didnt even bat IIRC despite losing a few wickets and being listed at 3
As they've got Roy and Jacks as opener I don't understand why they need Clark.

Muyeye is also an opener. Clark will carry drinks for the rest of the tournament.

Mind would yesterdays result really have been that much different I doubt it. Depending on results today were out of the competition.

So some extra money for Clark is about the only positive of this whole thing.

As they've got Roy and Jacks as opener I don't understand why they need Clark.

Muyeye is also an opener. Clark will carry drinks for the rest of the tournament.

Mind would yesterdays result really have been that much different I doubt it. Depending on results today were out of the competition.

So some extra money for Clark is about the only positive of this whole thing.
Can't blame players for going, its a good earner for them. I just think teams should stick to their squad of players unless there have been decimated by injuries etc.

The 50 over competition is my favourite format. There have been some terrific games this season and you get a whole day’s entertainment for your money too. There have been some pretty decent crowds at some of those grounds that don’t also host a 16.4 team, which suggests to me that the public interest is there, but the publicity and the hype is all going in one direction. There was scarcely a mention of James Braceys double century in the press or for other big achievements in this competition. And now they are wrecking it still further by stealing players from under fans noses. It’s soul destroying for players and fans alike. The sooner this monstrous carbuncle of a tournament is killed off the better!

Back