Graeme Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's all about money lads.

And while we are still tipping thousands a week into the idle beanpole from Ashington, and even giving him a benefit(!), we will have precious little of it.

It's all about money lads.

And while we are still tipping thousands a week into the idle beanpole from Ashington, and even giving him a benefit(!), we will have precious little of it.
This times a thousand.

It was mentioned at one of the tables at the NEPL dinner last night that Durham offered him a better deal money wise than Surrey did, but he prefers to live down south rather than up here.
Apparently the North East reminds him of parts of South Africa.

Last edited:
It's all about money lads and living and being seen in London. Plus it will suit his Bint.

Tidied to reflect the truth

I wonder which other targets we are looking at, all this chopping and changing and sticking all our eggs in the T20 basket is just bollox and has been a spectacular failure so far both on the field and financially.

Id rather take an overseas batsman who isnt quite the pedigree of a smith or ponting to ensure he'd be here all season, injury free and will bat top 4 in all formats of the game.

I wonder which other targets we are looking at, all this chopping and changing and sticking all our eggs in the T20 basket is just bollox and has been a spectacular failure so far both on the field and financially.

Id rather take an overseas batsman who isnt quite the pedigree of a smith or ponting to ensure he'd be here all season, injury free and will bat top 4 in all formats of the game.

Would think the majority of counties would want that kind of player.

Liked the look of that Quniton De Kock who plays for Highveld Lions.

Future SA International imho.

Would think the majority of counties would want that kind of player.

Liked the look of that Quniton De Kock who plays for Highveld Lions.

Future SA International imho.

Saw one innings from him in the champions league and he looks like he had a bit about him, nerveless and had a few shots. I think Durham would be better going for a more established player rather than gambling on potential (David Miller?), Neil Mackenzie was superb at the other end in the innings I saw De Kock for instance.

But then De Kock is a great name :lol:

whilst steve harmison continues to bleed Durham dry, I very much doubt Durham will be signing any "big names" for the LVCC campaign. Sooner the better people on here realise Durham don't have much money the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back