Got a test booked in at 8am.

phillips10

Midfield
had aches and pains pretty much all over on Tuesday but it was strange as they came in waves. Yesterday similar story but not achey so much as very very tired. Then last night checked temperature and it was 38.3c and I’ve developed a bit of a tickly cough. Can still taste at the moment though.

Assuming it’s covid I honestly thought I’d get through the year without catching it and still have no idea how I have. Only thing I can think of is I’ve somehow picked it up when I took the car for it’s MOT last Friday.:(

I had a lot of those symptoms at the start of the year and went for a test at Dalton Park which came back negative, I then bought an antibody test through Sainsbury's which also came back negative, strangely I was hoping I'd had the virus and shaken it off so that I would have some immunity. Good luck on your test marra and let us know how you get on.

What do you mean?
Sorry I posted before I even finished the reply.

What is your thinking about the best way to prevent it going further than yourself? Any idea if you have been in contact with anyone else? I know all these things would be running through my head.

Fingers crossed it's not the virus and just something else.

Sorry I posted before I even finished the reply.

What is your thinking about the best way to prevent it going further than yourself? Any idea if you have been in contact with anyone else? I know all these things would be running through my head.

Fingers crossed it's not the virus and just something else.

I only live with my mrs who works from home anyway so we will just lock ourselves in the house for a fortnight. I’ll pretty much lock myself away in the spare bedroom to try and prevent her from getting it.

Just got back from having the test. Bit uncomfortable scraping the swab against the back of the throat but all in all not too bad.

Hopefully get the results tomorrow.

Cheers for the well wishes. Feel okay at the moment. Temperature has come down to 37.0c, I just feel a bit lethargic and coughing now and again.
I had loads of symptoms last week and went for a test. Turns out it was a nasty strain of food poisoning.
Had the test 10.30 on Tuesday, results came at 6.00am Wednesday. I hope it’s negative 👍

Just got back from having the test. Bit uncomfortable scraping the swab against the back of the throat but all in all not too bad.

Cheers for the well wishes. Feel okay at the moment. Temperature has come down to 37.0c, I just feel a bit lethargic and coughing now and again.

My missus had a test yesterday at 11am, she received the result at 10pm last night, very quick turnaround - thankfully negative. Hope yours is too.

Hope the test comes back negative fella, big (((hugs))) rest up and get well soon xx
Best of luck mate. My dad had it a couple of weeks ago. He’s fine now, try not to worry and keep the fluids up.
So relieved to hear your dad is better, great stuff xx

Last edited:

Back