Gordon Kaye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missus is getting greeted with "you stuuuupid women" tonight when I get home.

I'm gonna get a slap........

RIP
I say to the Mrs all the time, love it
Quality British comedy writing, excellently delivered by Gorden Kaye
The whole premise around the British undercover gendarme and his poor French was genius

RIP Rene

He had a bad car crash years ago and knacked his napper big style.
Don't think he was ever the same afterwards.
It was in the great storm of October 1987, when the gale force winds blew a tree over and it landed on his car, he was lucky to survive. Don't know why I remember that but I'm sure it's correct, the night Michael Fish said there would be no storm.

It was in the great storm of October 1987, when the gale force winds blew a tree over and it landed on his car, he was lucky to survive. Don't know why I remember that but I'm sure it's correct, the night Michael Fish said there would be no storm.
No it was not, it was the Burns night storm of 1990, it came to me as I clicked post.

Last edited:

Not according to Wikipedia.
They are saying it was in the "Burns day" storm on January 25th 1990.
Mind you, they have been know to be totally wrong at times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorden_Kaye

One of the freeview channels started showing Allo Allo again about a year ago - caught myself watching it quite a bit. As a kid, I didn't find it all that good - but in the days of 4 channels, there was rarely much better on.

But 2nd time around, it was actually rather good & hadn't aged as badly as you'd have thought.

He played a very good part in that show. And people forget his cameo in Porridge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back