Google Pixel

• Thread starter Deleted member 55211
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 55211

Is there much difference between the 7 and the 7a?

Ordering one this week.

the "a" range is the "affordable" range. Slightly cheaper.
My last 2 phones were a 3a and a 6a. They're perfectly fine for anything. I really cannot think of any reason to spend 2-3 times as much on a phone.

the "a" range is the "affordable" range. Slightly cheaper.
My last 2 phones were a 3a and a 6a. They're perfectly fine for anything. I really cannot think of any reason to spend 2-3 times as much on a phone.

I've gone from the 4a to 6a. As you say, perfectly fine without paying top dollar for the latest release. Going to skip the 7a and will probably get the 8a when it comes out.

I've gone from the 4a to 6a. As you say, perfectly fine without paying top dollar for the latest release. Going to skip the 7a and will probably get the 8a when it comes out.
Come to think, the missus had the 3a, I had the 4a and now we both have 6a and my mam has my 4a and I use the 3a for my work phone.

Is the 7a not a smaller size? I've got the 6a as it was the cheapest decent sized phone I could find. The other version of it was massive.

Great phone like. Can't see me changing for a good few years, unless it gets stolen again like. :lol:

Per a comparison website

Google Pixel 7a
If you want the best phone under $500, get the Pixel 7a. It's nearly identical to the Pixel 7 in terms of performance and camera capabilities, and has a more compact design for smaller hands.

Google Pixel 7
If you want slightly better durability, stronger brightness, faster charging or more storage options, pick up the Pixel 7 — especially if you can find it on sale.

Is there much difference between the 7 and the 7a?

Ordering one this week.
It depends how you want to use it also.

Using that GSMArena compare link I hoyed up in the 1st reply, I can see the 7 has the AMOLED screen which is slightly bigger and better than the 7a OLED. The 7a also has the fast wireless charging and ability to charge other devices wirelessly. The 7 has the Gorilla Glass Victus front and back and the 7 just has the older Gorilla Glass. The 7a also has a better water ingress rating in case you ever drop it down the bog :lol:

The 7a has the better camera but for me, although it's an older model I'd be getting the 7 if the price is similar as it shows on there regarding the Amazon prices. Though I'd probably watch a couple of compare videos I also hoyed up just to see if there's owt else worth considering as they're often quite helpful.

Last edited:
It depends how you want to use it also.

Using that GSMArena compare link I hoyed up in the 1st reply, I can see the 7 has the AMOLED screen which is slightly bigger and better than the 7a OLED. The 7a also has the fast wireless charging and ability to charge other devices wirelessly. The 7 has the Gorilla Glass Victus front and back and the 7 just has the older Gorilla Glass. The 7a also has a better water ingress rating in case you ever drop it down the bog :lol:

The 7a has the better camera but for me, although it's an older model I'd be getting the 7 if the price is similar as it shows on there regarding the Amazon prices. Though I'd probably watch a couple of compare videos I also hoyed up just to see if there's owt else worth considering as they're often quite helpful.
I’ve watched all the videos you linked - thanks!

Think I’m going for the 7a. I’ve massively downsized all the social media etc I use and try my best to limit my screen time. My current iPhone 13 Pro contract is £72 a month and I’ve managed to get a Pixel, Pixelbuds, case and charging plug for £32 a month with 30gb of data and unlimited texts / calls :lol:

Love a Google phone. Best phones I've had. Can't see me ever going back to Samsung or Huawei or even the one plus which I thought was a great phone.

Really good warranty service too. My old Pixel 4a stopped charging so I logged an issue on their support website, next day it was picked up by a courier and returned fixed 2 days later.

I’ve watched all the videos you linked - thanks!

Think I’m going for the 7a. I’ve massively downsized all the social media etc I use and try my best to limit my screen time. My current iPhone 13 Pro contract is £72 a month and I’ve managed to get a Pixel, Pixelbuds, case and charging plug for £32 a month with 30gb of data and unlimited texts / calls :lol:
Where from? I’m in the same boat and my contract is due up end of the month

I've got a 4a. Had it just over a couple years and it's still spot on. Will be getting another pixel when this one eventually needs replacing.

got google 6 pro, had Huawei p30 pro before that and for general use it's pretty similar, but found the camera on the google far worse imo. Brother has a Samsung and I think I'll go back that way when i upgrade next

Back