Good piece on DA and LC in the echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you don't know what happened, yet you state what happened?

Ok Comical Ali
From the Echo article you provided..............

I presume as lee doesn't get all the credit due to it you now think its bollocks...........

Winning the FA Cup or seeing MBH's head on a stick, quite a conundrum.
There was a mag poster on here years ago who went by the name of Stir and when you googled his actual name he was the FA Cup with legs........as close as they were going to get to it anyway.......

I like how having worked for people that know what they're doing, at clubs with a decent track record for identifying and developing good players, having people in his team who have good ideas and acting on them, taking advice from people who unequivocally know their stuff, getting help from people they've worked for in the past and presiding over a hiring decision that was a success only reinforce the view that he's an idiot.

:lol::lol:. That proper made me laugh like. I'm sure MBH with his wealth of football knowledge, contacts and time spent in the game would come up with someone much better for the job.

Ah come on man Streaks. If you're really now saying that congerton can't talk to anyone about this then you've really let the loss of your drinking buddies skew your objectivity on the subject
I haven't said that at all mate......................that article makes it clear though the praise all the Lee Boys were giving before it surfaced needs to be shared around..........

I have even posted saying he can have some credit for Advocaat if you look around.....

From the Echo article you provided..............

I presume as lee doesn't get all the credit due to it you now think its bollocks...........
Where is he (or I on his behalf) claiming "credit". What is your obsession with credit and who did what? His job is to oversee recruitment. Through his contacts and his employees he appointed the best manager possible for our situation. The appointment was an overwhelming success. Even the most negative, agenda-led poster on here should be able to see that (even if they won't admit it due to not wanting to lose face in conceding that they are wrong)

Ah! I was trying to think why he was acting like a fanny. Cheers.
Total crap the cabbage has produced a pile of it in word form that's not true in any way shape or form...........:lol:

I haven't said that at all mate......................that article makes it clear though the praise all the Lee Boys were giving before it surfaced needs to be shared around..........

I have even posted saying he can have some credit for Advocaat if you look around.....
Thats the weird thing about staff. They do work for their managers.

Do you honestly think that mourinho does everything himself?

Where is he (or I on his behalf) claiming "credit". What is your obsession with credit and who did what? His job is to oversee recruitment. Through his contacts and his employees he appointed the best manager possible for our situation. The appointment was an overwhelming success. Even the most negative, agenda-led poster on here should be able to see that (even if they won't admit it due to not wanting to lose face in conceding that they are wrong)
Until that article surfaced you doubtless thought Congerton did the lot regarding Dick..........

I will say once again he can have some credit for it now lets see what his plan B is if hes so good.........

Fine. However congerton clearly orchestrated approved and signed off on the whole thing and there are plenty with an apparent grudge who are determined to belittle his critical involvement in what was a successful process. He has done exactly what you'd want a proper sporting director to do. Yet There are a hardcore who can't bring rhemselves to call it as it is

Until that article surfaced you doubtless thought Congerton did the lot regarding Dick............

So now you are just making things up? I can only make assumptions based on my own experiences - I have made a fairly successful career out of being a decent middleman.

I'm glad I don't hold a very cynical and bitter view like you, what a strange man you are.
I'm not even sure he does now. Judging by the way he often changes tact on what he latches on to spout his incessant bile about in an attempt to garner maximum reaction (the latest being this Arnesson thing, expect that to run and run), I now think he's nothing more than a sad, lonely old man in desperate need of intention, even if it's negative (as that's easier to obtain). I think I've got him sussed.

Last edited:
So now you are just making things up? I can only make assumptions based on my own experiences - I have made a fairly successful career out of being a decent middleman.
Its obvious Congerton doesn't deserve all the credit...........some of it yes..........

Ellis Shorts done the same thing 2/3 times so its not exactly unique or wonderful is it..........

Lets wait and see who our new manager is and if you can get Blatter death by anti aircraft gun................;)

Is there some sort of belief that a sporting director should not use his scouting network and contacts to come up with recruitment suggestions then other contacts to sound out those ideas then further contacts to approach the target? because that sounds to my like exactly what he should be doing?

I'm not sure a sporting director who just thinks up a name himself, doesn't take any other suggestions, doesn't take any advice and just goes out to fetch his target himself (possibly flying the plane himself so the pilot doesn't get any credit for helping) would really be better?

You certainly appear to lack objectivity on the subject of congerton though.
Not at all mate............I have said he can have credit but not all of it and having doubts due to his cv and what I think of his performance to date is an opinion not a lack of objectivity......

If you think otherwise that's fine but by the same premise I wont call it blind faith.........

The drinking buddy craps a total utter assumption and a pile of poo though mate........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back