Good news for school children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it's a logistical nightmare and probably an impossiblity but I'd be happier if my son was just going to repeat the year.
In theory it is a good idea but as you say an impossibility. The extra funding and space needed isn't there for a kick off.

I know it's a logistical nightmare and probably an impossiblity but I'd be happier if my son was just going to repeat the year.

I know what you mean. I feel nervous about how far ours are behind. My youngest probably the most concerning as he should be well on the way to reading now but hes still just doing the early phonics.

I know what you mean. I feel nervous about how far ours are behind. My youngest probably the most concerning as he should be well on the way to reading now but hes still just doing the early phonics.

If you very concerned about his progress and he doesn’t catch up before the school holidays then really push for extra tuition and if that doesn’t swing it by September then ask that he repeats the year. Once he moves to a year where reading isn’t being explicitly taught then he will probably never catch up and will always be a poor reader with the obvious knock on effect to the rest of his education and future career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back