Gooch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the players that were better than him.
He had a poor game and should've been subbed. If you were there and thought he was trying you saw a different game to me. If you listened on the wireless you couldn't see him off the ball. He wasn't even running around man.
The back 3 were all better than Gooch, along with the other 5.
Gooch has been good for the run, but last night something was up. Maybe Disgrace was a strong word, but he wasn't trying or couldn't if injured.
So how good were Hume and Wyke? I was there and will be at Coventry game. Unlike you, I think he tried too hard. Yes, he could have been subbed but Power and Dobson could have lost the game in the first twenty minutes yet I am happy with both of these players. Sections of the crowd have opinions on players that they won't change no matter how well or badly they play. Hume, Gooch, Wyke, Power, Dobson and even Cattermole who still arouses passionate debate long after leaving us.

He was targeted by Fleetwood as our threat in the final third. Whenever we played balls to his feet he was immediately closed down by two or three of their players.
People on here tend to forget the opposition and their tactics. Gooch was a target for the opposition last night which should have cleared the way for another of our players. Should have but didn't.
To call Gooch a disgrace is absurd.

Last edited:
Gooch is just going to have to get to grips with being man marked and roughed up a bit because teams know how dangerous he can be if he gets turned.

People on here tend to forget the opposition and their tactics. Gooch was a target for the opposition last night which should have cleared the way for another of our players. Should have but didn't.
To call Gooch a disgrace is absurd.
this exactly. At least two on him every time he got the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back