GOLD DIGGER (spoiler alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turns out the "Gold Digger" is from Sunderland with secret past. BBC bigging up the region again.

The woman drove from Devon to Sunderland and back in a day - canny going.

Its episode 6 on iplayer.

Fair play.

Did Durness to Godalming (700 miles odd) once in the same day.
That was a killer.

In terms of travelling in England, then -

Sunderland to Bath for the National League South playoff final.
Bath to Godalming to pick up me mam.
Godalming to Sunderland to come back home.
In about 16 hours.

Sunderland to Weston Super Mare and back again to pick some relatives up from a failed holiday. Just over 700 miles and only stopped 5 minutes when I got there. As the crow flies I think that gets you into Switzerland.
Sunderland to Weston Super Mare and back again to pick some relatives up from a failed holiday. Just over 700 miles and only stopped 5 minutes when I got there. As the crow flies I think that gets you into Switzerland.

Correction - it was 630 mile round trip without a proper stop and that does, just, get you into Switzerland.

Last edited:
I was told I was working in Birmingham on the Monday so booked a hotel in Milton Keynes to visit the in laws. Before I left work on Friday I was told there was a change in plan. I drove from Milton Keynes to Inverness at 3am and got there at 1pm after one stop for a piss. I then worked until 6pm. It was a long day.

I started to drive to Toronto from Montreal a few years ago but ended up stopping half way after thinking wtf am I doing this for. I stopped in Kingston which ended up being one of the best parts of my holiday.

Impressive efforts everyone, but this goldigger wifey easily beats everyone. She leaves her mid-Devon village at about 9 (on the day before her wedding), gets to Sunderland (by train not car sorry, my mistake), has a drink in a local SAFC adorned pub (supposedly in some old council estate, not sure which), talks to the landlord who knows everyone, finds out her 34 year old "respectable" fiance has a secret past from 17 years ago - as proven by the landlord's conveniently found Echo press cutting, goes to have a coffee, then gets back to Devon that night, ready for her wedding next morning. You have to laugh.

These Sunderland scenes are at the back end of episode 5 on iplayer if you want to see how the town was portrayed. Its not our station in the scenes shown though.

Aside from the silly storyline, it was a reasonable series to watch.

Turns out the "Gold Digger" is from Sunderland with secret past. BBC bigging up the region again.

The woman drove from Devon to Sunderland and back in a day - canny going.

Its episode 6 on iplayer.
Was just about to post this.

Impressive efforts everyone, but this goldigger wifey easily beats everyone. She leaves her mid-Devon village at about 9 (on the day before her wedding), gets to Sunderland (by train not car sorry, my mistake), has a drink in a local SAFC adorned pub (supposedly in some old council estate, not sure which), talks to the landlord who knows everyone, finds out her 34 year old "respectable" fiance has a secret past from 17 years ago - as proven by the landlord's conveniently found Echo press cutting, goes to have a coffee, then gets back to Devon that night, ready for her wedding next morning. You have to laugh.

These Sunderland scenes are at the back end of episode 5 on iplayer if you want to see how the town was portrayed. Its not our station in the scenes shown though.

Aside from the silly storyline, it was a reasonable series to watch.

Wad

Whilst we're on about long distances in a day I drove back from central Paris in 11 hours a couple of years ago. This included a ferry trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back