Going to the match with absolutely no pressure

I agree.

Safc should never be half a dozen or so games from a championship season end without even play off hope ffs.

This regime need to understand that or fuck off.
I thought this is what everyone wanted when we first got back to the championship

Few seasons mid table safety then after 3 years push for promotion

Certain I read that on here

Even Bruce's 10th was tight til the last few weeks, it's ~25 years since we've had a months-long dead-rubber end to the season quite like this.

I've often wondered what it'd be like and assumed there must be some comfort and positivity just being snuggled in the middle of a league by February.

Turn's out it's awful but I agree, enjoy the day!

There is, but it only applies to the Prem.

What’s the point?
Paying £30 to watch lads going through the motions after the club have up 2/3 of the way though the season
And you’re saying enjoy it :lol:
Aye, I’d much rather we were in Birmingham’s or Huddersfield’s position going to the ground today shitting ourselves about what could be. Obviously we all wish we were still in or around the playoffs competing for that but this is life, things don’t always go your way. Hopefully today is still a decent and competitive game of football, our recent performances at Leeds and West Brom don’t suggest the players (and dare I say it Dodds himself) are going through the motions.

I said when we came up a couple of years with nowt to play for would do me lovely as the start of the 5 year slow build. The closed season signings will tell if thats what we've had or if we're being taken for mugs and on that basis im not as happy with the yellow label footy . Last chance saloon for me

I said when we came up a couple of years with nowt to play for would do me lovely as the start of the 5 year slow build. The closed season signings will tell if thats what we've had or if we're being taken for mugs and on that basis im not as happy with the yellow label footy . Last chance saloon for me

@SPUFF I rest my case mluad

Aye, I’d much rather we were in Birmingham’s or Huddersfield’s position going to the ground today shitting ourselves about what could be. Obviously we all wish we were still in or around the playoffs competing for that but this is life, things don’t always go your way. Hopefully today is still a decent and competitive game of football, our recent performances at Leeds and West Brom don’t suggest the players (and dare I say it Dodds himself) are going through the motions.
We need to lose this “it could be worse we could be Sutton united” mentality.

We need to lose this “it could be worse we could be Sutton united” mentality.
Who’s saying that like? I want us to show ambition this summer and want SAFC to compete to win every match we play in, all I’m saying is I don’t get the mentality of being downbeat about having one season where we go into the last couple of games with nowt to play for. It happens. Enjoy the day out with your family, mates, sons, daughters or whoever you attend with.

On the result. Seems a long time at this stage of the season that we can do that. Just enjoy the day lads and lasses.

Football is about entertainment, but its about winning. Thats what sport is, they getting payed fortunes to go through the motions here now.

Club wank fkn in my opinion for not having a nee gaffer in now so he knows whats he was immediately not wait until the summer and be months behind all the other clubs.
Its been run like an absolute twaat at the minute

Who’s saying that like? I want us to show ambition this summer and want SAFC to compete to win every match we play in, all I’m saying is I don’t get the mentality of being downbeat about having one season where we go into the last couple of games with nowt to play for. It happens. Enjoy the day out with your family, mates, sons, daughters or whoever you attend with.
Thank mate I will, I hope you do too.

Just frustrating as hell seeing very limited clubs with a play off chance and we’ve threw in the towel in what, feb/march. Its a disgrace. As is 19 defeats in 43 games.

Football is about entertainment, but its about winning. Thats what sport is, they getting payed fortunes to go through the motions here now.

Club wank fkn in my opinion for not having a nee gaffer in now so he knows whats he was immediately not wait until the summer and be months behind all the other clubs.
Its been run like an absolute twaat at the minute

I’m an expert on Egyptian Hieroglyphics, so I just spent 10 minutes deciphering your second paragraph 😉

I agree with the sentiment once I worked out wtf you were on about, let’s hope the close season gives us optimism for the next campaign 👍

It's boring as owt . I want to stay in and watch the snooker . Sadly I'll be there hoping for any signs of life for next season. Id be more enthusiastic if we had new manager in place to be honest.

Back