Going to a hotel for Christmas.

Anyone any experiences to share in regards to booking into a hotel for Christmas? I'm seriously considering it. Arrive early on Christmas Eve and have everything done for us in regards to meals etc. for 3 days. Surely the atmosphere is fantastic for the people staying there?

Has anyone on here ever done so & was it something that you've regretted or a good move?

Once looked at a brochure for Rockliffe and they had a few different festive packages staying over Christmas Eve, Day, and Boxing Day. It was big big money mind.

Anyone any experiences to share in regards to booking into a hotel for Christmas? I'm seriously considering it. Arrive early on Christmas Eve and have everything done for us in regards to meals etc. for 3 days. Surely the atmosphere is fantastic for the people staying there?

Has anyone on here ever done so & was it something that you've regretted or a good move?

The price is prohibitive.
You could probably have a week in Spain in May for what you'll pay

Sounds dreadful. Waking up on Christmas day with the kids in a hotel room man :lol:

Not if you leave the kids at home with the outlaws.

It's win-win !!

Once looked at a brochure for Rockliffe and they had a few different festive packages staying over Christmas Eve, Day, and Boxing Day. It was big big money mind.

There are places where the prices are absolutely scandalous, but we found a place which is reasonable, so we're probably going to go with that if we decide to go ahead with it.

Prices though the roof, away from other members of your family, spending time surrounded by strangers could not think of nowt worse.

Probably only good thing would be the food

Personally I think hotels should be shut at Christmas, so the people working there can spend Christmas with their families.

Then plenty of people wouldn't be able to visit their families :lol:

Prices though the roof, away from other members of your family, spending time surrounded by strangers could not think of nowt worse.

Personally I think hotels should be shut at Christmas, so the people working there can spend Christmas with their families.
Tell that to the bastards that kept me at sea over the festive period.:evil:

Hotel half-full of lonely coffin dodgers, skeleton-staff serving bland food & everything outside the hotel shut, from what I've seen from Facebook acquaintances.

Back