going from a Tier3 to a Tier 2 Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
York? Good luck mate. North Yorkshire police are taking it pretty seriously, roadblocks and cameras to match number plates to vehicles. Of course you could say it’s not enforceable as it’s only “guidance” but they must have found something, some loophole, or you’d think it wouldn’t be worthwhile for them
He could just say he’s going for a drive to test he’s eyesight, after all it’s a “perfectly reasonable way to behave”

You know you don’t have it for a fact?

The blame is on everyone who doesn’t follow the rules. Pubs have their share of that, so do patrons who travel between areas when advised not to in order to visit pubs. Some pubs have been ran shambolicly, others haven’t.

already had it to be honest no idea what the crack is about getting it again either way the place is Covid Secure right? who exactly am i gonna pass anything onto if A) I'm not coughing my guts up and B) wearing a mask and socially distancing

I'm not sure what the fuss is....what if we were in Tier 2 and went for a meal locally what's the actual difference just because someone says so. I'm at no more of a risk passing it or getting it going for a meal here or just past Middlesbrough the numbers of infected are very similar.

the tiered system is ridiculous man
Only asked the question for the attention, as he just disregarded all responses to the negative. This kind of thing is precisely why we needed lockdown 2 and will probably need lockdown 3 post Christmas.

wont happen it wouldn't get passed and there would be too much backlash this time i think just about everyone has had enough of it all

Last edited:
already had it to be honest no idea what the crack is about getting it again either way the place is Covid Secure right? who exactly am i gonna pass anything onto if A) I'm not coughing my guts up and B) wearing a mask and socially distancing

I'm not sure what the fuss is....what if we were in Tier 2 and went for a meal locally what's the actual difference just because someone says so. I'm at no more of a risk passing it or getting it going for a meal here or just past Middlesbrough the numbers of infected are very similar.

wont happen it wouldn't get passed and there would be too much backlash this time i think just about everyone has had enough of it all
The 200 odd majority that voted the other day disagree

You can have it again. You can pass it on simply by breathing once onto a surface that someone touches an hour later. Covid secure is not Covid immune. Tiered system is necessary, sure everyone would like to see some tweaks here and there but the overall concept is necessary. Lockdown 3 will definitely happen when Christmas spikes everything - you forget we aren’t even really in winter yet, the worst winter months are jan into feb, winter only started 4 days ago in Ernest. Apart from that, you have total valid points. What a gobshite.
the numbers against are going up and will continue to do so
No they arent

You can have it again. You can pass it on simply by breathing once onto a surface that someone touches an hour later. Covid secure is not Covid immune. Tiered system is necessary, sure everyone would like to see some tweaks here and there but the overall concept is necessary. Lockdown 3 will definitely happen when Christmas spikes everything - you forget we aren’t even really in winter yet, the worst winter months are jan into feb, winter only started 4 days ago in Ernest. Apart from that, you have total valid points. What a gobshite.

No they arent

aye they did they numbers that voted against the Tier system were higher than those who voted against that bullshit lockdown 2 we had..anyway whatever you seem to love all this living by restrictions and lockdowns crap so ill let you crack on..

ill continue to do what the fuck i like that includes going to Tier 2 places for meals and drinks and having all the family round for Christmas dinner

on that note Merry xmas

aye they did they numbers that voted against the Tier system were higher than those who voted against that bullshit lockdown 2 we had..anyway whatever you seem to love all this living by restrictions and lockdowns crap so ill let you crack on..

ill continue to do what the fuck i like that includes going to Tier 2 places for meals and drinks and having all the family round for Christmas dinner

on that note Merry xmas
Go for it mate, life’s for living, and interaction with other people is a big part of that. If neither you, or those you are with are frightened, what’s the problem I say.

on that note Merry xmas

How is tier system voting comparable to lockdown voting?

Yeah, let’s pile blame on the pub and hospitality industry despite the fact that the second wave only occurred when the schools and universities went back. Clearly just a coincidence. It’s all the fault of the pubs. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

how come rates are coming down when schools & unis are open but pubs, shops & hospitality are shut?

I don’t blame pubs & hospitality totally for the spread but you can’t ignore it contributes

how come rates are coming down when schools & unis are open but pubs, shops & hospitality are shut?

I don’t blame pubs & hospitality totally for the spread but you can’t ignore it contributes
If that was the case, the rate of infection would’ve spiked dramatically in August during the EOTHO, easily the busiest time for the hospitality industry this year. It didn’t. It stayed largely flat. People were being incentivised to go out - 3 days a week through August - but outside of the EOTHO scheme, business across all of the hospitality sector is down significantly.

It was however the case that the rate of infection just so happened to spike when the schools and universities went back. And it will be the case that cases drop off somewhat as schools and universities break up for the Christmas period. This is definitely not on the pubs. They are the scapegoat.

they are both based around restricting our Freedoms as Individuals businesses etc i dare bet you would be singing from a different hym sheet if you had lost ya job or ya business
Maybe his judgement has been clouded by losing a loved one to this awful disease

they are both based around restricting our Freedoms as Individuals businesses etc i dare bet you would be singing from a different hym sheet if you had lost ya job or ya business

It’s based around saving lives. You need to grow up.

Almost as if, contrary to Facebook morons, the government so have a semblance of an idea of wtf is causing this

We had a cottage booked this month in the Scottish Borders but the company postponed it immediately when we were confirmed as tier 3, as they rightly said that we shouldn’t travel outside our area.

That said, we may well be tier 2 by the time your break comes round.
If you’re Tier 3, 2 or 1 it’s irrelevant. The rules up here mean that unless it’s for one of the exceptional reasons you can’t travel to Scotland from anywhere else in the UK/Common Travel Area.

That’s one way of looking at it mate, but another way is that people have families to feed and their immediate responsibility is to keep a roof over their heads. So long as their business is “COVID secure”, take whatever custom you can I say.

Families also have to keep people alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back