Glastonbury 2023

Aye seems to be there in some form every year
I sadly think glastonbury are not safe from Coldplay this year looking at there dates, and that was 2016 the last time there played which to me is too soon.

The other 2 headliners are meant to be female

On the subject of the 2024 headliners, she said that there will be two female acts topping the bill. One of these is confirmed and the other is said to be close - both will be playing the festival for the first time.

We need a glastonbury 2024 thread for this

Surprised the bot didn't make one, when she bumped this

Last edited:
The actual perimeter is the same distance as the boundary of Peterlee.
Glastonbury is literally a temporary town.
Just with better hygiene and less drugs
Only played last year, I know it was only for an hour, headlined in 2017 too and Grohl played with McCartney in 2022.

Think there need a break from the farm as he is turning into the new Chris Martin.
It was just a last minute replacement job this year though, wasn't it? And he basically said he'd be back "soon" for a proper set.

Just with better hygiene and less drugs

It was just a last minute replacement job this year though, wasn't it? And he basically said he'd be back "soon" for a proper set.
I don't think so, was always the Arctic monkeys Friday night, I'm on a discord and someone said there had booked hotels in October 22. He was dismissed at the time as we had no idea of the touring plans.

I love the foo fighters but maybe need to give it a break for a bit and play other festivals

I don't think so, was always the Arctic monkeys Friday night, I'm on a discord and someone said there had booked hotels in October 22. He was dismissed at the time as we had no idea of the touring plans.

I love the foo fighters but maybe need to give it a break for a bit and play other festivals
It was a un-advertised set though, as the Churnups. That's usually because someone dropped out, isn't it?

It was a un-advertised set though, as the Churnups. That's usually because someone dropped out, isn't it?
Was unannounced as there were a European festival exclusive somewhere else I think.

No one had dropped out, think it was Dave Just having some fun with the fake name.

You could even buy churnup shirts

Was unannounced as there were a European festival exclusive somewhere else I think.
No one had dropped out, think it was Dave Just having some fun with the fake name.
You could even buy churnup shirts
Still very weird though, as it was a 50min set, which doesn't really "fit". Felt like a late "favour"

Still very weird though, as it was a 50min set, which doesn't really "fit". Felt like a late "favour"
I have a Churnups t-shirt I bought, as it was so random.

I do understand why it looks like a last minute favour, this is what Emily said

Addressing the rumblings on Friday morning about the slot potentially being the rock band, Glastonbury co-organiser Emily Eavis told Radio 2: “To be honest, I think there’s a lot of rumours that are circulating about The Churnups – one of which is true.

“I don’t think I can completely confirm, but it’s coming soon.

“But this is a huge, huge, huge, huge surprise and we have kept this secret for so long, just me and (her husband) Nick, we didn’t even tell the kids we were like ‘Nobody can know this’ and I think it’s going to be extraordinary later.”

I sadly think glastonbury are not safe from Coldplay this year looking at there dates, and that was 2016 the last time there played which to me is too soon.

The other 2 headliners are meant to be female

On the subject of the 2024 headliners, she said that there will be two female acts topping the bill. One of these is confirmed and the other is said to be close - both will be playing the festival for the first time.
One of them is supposed to be Taylor Swift isn't it?

The Roger Waters Peace, Love and Understanding Road Show has to be a shoe-in.
Well known anti semite somehow I don’t think so.
wont be the Eagles it’s all about the money with them.
would love it to be Kate Bush but can’t see it happening possibly Adele again as it’s a few years since she did it.

Back