Glastno...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been a long while since it was a scruffy hippy festival tbh. It was starting to turn into a middle class youth fest the last time I went in the late 80's.
Fair point. In truth I've never been, I can't see the attraction. The people I know who've went could fit into both those groups.

It would be negligent to let the festival go ahead this year.

2022 should be the target - let the land recover.

Plenty of time to try to book the bands Michael has always wanted -giving them more notice.

Have more vaccinations and time to ensure everyone can attend safely.

Gutted but understandable.
Hopefully some of the events later in the festival season go ahead.

It, along with most music festivals, are a bit shit these days.

It’s predominantly bands who were big 20+ years ago plus pop and r n b. The headline acts are anyway.

Went to V Festival a few years ago for my wife’s birthday as she wanted to see Beyoncé and the line up was abysmal. Saw many a fella singing/dancing along to Jessie J. It was then I realised society was fucked.

It’s predominantly bands who were big 20+ years ago plus pop and r n b. The headline acts are anyway.

Went to V Festival a few years ago for my wife’s birthday as she wanted to see Beyoncé and the line up was abysmal. Saw many a fella singing/dancing along to Jessie J. It was then I realised society was fucked.
Festivals in Europe are spot on tbf. Just UK ones are shite.

Well aye, that's V for you :lol:

Well aye, that's V for you :lol:

It used to be a decent line up at V - just looked at the line up in the late 90’s and early 00’s and it’s all rock/indie.

Similar to Leeds, T in the Park etc.

Edit - just realised T in the Park is no more. Didn’t even notice that!

Last edited:
Inevitable, unfortunately.

200,000 people on one site with no chance if social distancing, it would be the world's biggest super spread.

Inevitable, unfortunately.

200,000 people on one site with no chance if social distancing, it would be the world's biggest super spread.
A bit like Cheltenham last year. Should never have taken place. Certainly helped to kickstart the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back