"Gift of Football" at Christmas

Tin hat on but that is the only way we will get near 40k in the next 2 years. we've had so many getting freebies over the years to maintain the high attendances.

They’re not freebies in this instance though are they? Someone still buying the tickets just different people using them.
They are though, people are getting tickets for free and going to make the numbers up. It's just not the club subsiding this time

They are though, people are getting tickets for free and going to make the numbers up. It's just not the club subsiding this time

It’s unbelievable that people can take an initiative like this and STILL find something negative towards the club.

This isn’t instigated by the club. Fans are putting their hands in their pockets to help out those less fortunate over the festive period. How can you (or anyone) find something negative to comment about that?!?

Honestly man, this f***ing place baffles me at times.

It’s fans buying for fans who might not be able to afford it. I can’t see any downside to it at all.
Not saying there is, just stating that is the only way we will come close to 40k. thousands were given away under short for match days

It’s unbelievable that people can take an initiative like this and STILL find something negative towards the club.

This isn’t instigated by the club. Fans are putting their hands in their pockets to help out those less fortunate over the festive period. How can you (or anyone) find something negative to comment about that?!?

The club have had no part in this, it was a tweet from one person that has gained ground and got people involved. I think it’s brillant

Get a grip. where have I been negative? simply stating facts that we won't get close to 40k without tickets given away

Win win then isn’t it? The club doesn’t miss out on the money and the fan who would love to go but can’t afford to gets to go.

The donor also gets the fuzzy warm feeling of giving and we all get to bask in the smugness of bigger attendances. The only loser is the mag who can’t get a ticket.

Back