Ghent.

Did Ghent last year. Very good city. I reckon the boat tours would be fab in warm weather, as would the huge squares they have. Lots of brilliant buildings to see.

We mainly stuck to the bars. Beer range is fantastic. Dulle Greet with the yard of ale is fun. They steal your shoe as a hostage.

I’m off to Bruges in 3 weeks with me Mam, so will have to find proper tourist stuff to do rather than 3 days on the piss.

Did Ghent last year. Very good city. I reckon the boat tours would be fab in warm weather, as would the huge squares they have. Lots of brilliant buildings to see.

We mainly stuck to the bars. Beer range is fantastic. Dulle Greet with the yard of ale is fun. They steal your shoe as a hostage.

I’m off to Bruges in 3 weeks with me Mam, so will have to find proper tourist stuff to do rather than 3 days on the piss.
I used to take my parents to Barcelona when they were in their 70's and they'd still be sat drinking at one of the many bars around the Ramblas, at 2a.m, while I was fighting sleep, and desperate for my cot. 😁

We went to Ghent a few year ago in the middle of summer it was great. We preferred it to Bruges. Bruges seemed to be full (of day trippers) during the day but quiet on a night whereas Ghent, being more of a working city, was quite lively. Ghent had a lot of canal side bars, people sitting out in deckchairs, a great vibe about the place. We loved it. Canny few years ago now mind, but I think Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges and Brussels are all relatively close together and with good transport links. They're all worth a visit.

We went to Ghent a few year ago in the middle of summer it was great. We preferred it to Bruges. Bruges seemed to be full (of day trippers) during the day but quiet on a night whereas Ghent, being more of a working city, was quite lively. Ghent had a lot of canal side bars, people sitting out in deckchairs, a great vibe about the place. We loved it. Canny few years ago now mind, but I think Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges and Brussels are all relatively close together and with good transport links. They're all worth a visit.

In terms of international standards of area, Belgium is 1.5 Wales but a lot flatter and with better transport (and better beer)

Back