Ghent.

Not there in itself. It’s a nice city but if say aside from chocolate, food and drink there’s little else. Easy enough to get the train to Antwerp and Brussels which are both worth a look. Down the river is nice for a few drinks outside. Seems quite studenty. I’d definitely recommend it but have a couple of train trips.

Not there in itself. It’s a nice city but if say aside from chocolate, food and drink there’s little else. Easy enough to get the train to Antwerp and Brussels which are both worth a look. Down the river is nice for a few drinks outside. Seems quite studenty. I’d definitely recommend it but have a couple of train trips.
Did think about either Bruges or Brussels as an alternative. Was reading reviews of Ghent and it sounded a bit less hustle and bustle, more relaxing.

Did think about either Bruges or Brussels as an alternative. Was reading reviews of Ghent and it sounded a bit less hustle and bustle, more relaxing.
There’s nowt wrong with it. I think it would be nice to stay there. I perso wouldn’t stay in Bruges I’d rather stay in Ghent or Antwerp. Bruges seems to go to sleep about 9 as well.

There’s nowt wrong with it. I think it would be nice to stay there. I perso wouldn’t stay in Bruges I’d rather stay in Ghent or Antwerp. Bruges seems to go to sleep about 9 as well.
Didn't go to sleep at 9 when I was there.. just goes underground cellars etc.. I know I didn't get to bed to late.

Didn't go to sleep at 9 when I was there.. just goes underground cellars etc.. I know I didn't get to bed to late.
I’ve been there quite a few times and it seems people just went home early the times I’ve been there. Found Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels far more lively people.

Good thing about Belgium is that it is such a small place and the trains are good so it's easy to do a few places on a single trip.

I don't mind Brussels either. It's got a bit of a bad reputation but I've always had a good time there.
Aye Brussels always gets tagged as being boring. I like the place me. Some rough as fuck areas like.

What's it like for say, a 3 night break? Plenty to do and see etc?
I liked it but only stayed overnight while en route to the Netherlands.

We visited tyne cot cemetery near Ypres on the way from Dunkirk to Ghent.

I feel at home in Flanders and the Netherlands.
Same with any big city but as long as you stop within the pedestrianised city centre you'll be fine. Loads of beer, chocolate, waffles and frites. What more could you want?
Some of the buildings are beautiful.

I’m surprised that more people aren’t knocked over by the trams.
I liked it but only stayed overnight while en route to the Netherlands.

We visited tyne cot cemetery near Ypres on the way from Dunkirk to Ghent.

I feel at home in Flanders and the Netherlands.

Some of the buildings are beautiful.

I’m surprised that more people aren’t knocked over by the trams.
Edit: the trams in Ghent.

Last edited:

Back