**** Ghana v USA ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Portugal would be an easier game for us than Ghana before the Jozy injury. I thought we would just outlast Portugal in the Amazon. Now with Jozy gone we might have problems just getting the ball into their ball.

I suspect that game is going to look a lot like the last 65 minutes of tonight's. Which, if it ends 1-1, will suit me just fine.

Earnie Stewart, Tony Sanneh, John Obrien.

He doesn't mention the ones we didn't get that were available for the US. Namely Guesippi f***ing Rossi.

John O'Brien is from California.

Neven Subotic, too. But it's not all bad, that punk piece of crap Will Johnson decided to play for Canada.

Hangeland was born in America

I grew up in Germany due to my dad being in the army but I don't speak German at all.

Because YOU GREW UP IN THE US

Congratulations USA. Fantastic attitude, perfect managerial fit. Hope you win it if we do not.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/6/16/5814294/usmnt-world-cup-2014

Hatful may not like nor appreciate it, but America is a melting pot. Our forebears came from all over the globe. You may not be able to understand - you're not of the New World - but that's what we are: a nation of immigrants. An American dad and a German mom? There's nothing more American than that.

Don't Tread On Me!

@BrianSciaretta 25s
Cool fact about John Brooks: he told me that while growing up, he attended the John F. Kennedy school for American children living Berlin

Last edited by a moderator:
where is burchmackem ? or was that him posted above ?:lol:

Sorry! Haven't been online all day. Watched the match; beautiful victory!

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/6/16/5814294/usmnt-world-cup-2014

Hatful may not like nor appreciate it, but America is a melting pot. Our forebears came from all over the globe. You may not be able to understand - you're not of the New World - but that's what we are: a nation of immigrants. An American dad and a German mom? There's nothing more American than that.

Don't Tread On Me!

@BrianSciaretta 25s
Cool fact about John Brooks: he told me that while growing up, he attended the John F. Kennedy school for American children living Berlin

How do you know all this having grown up in South Hetton??

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Earnie Stewart, Tony Sanneh, John Obrien.

He doesn't mention the ones we didn't get that were available for the US. Namely Guesippi f***ing Rossi.
Or Ibisivech who scored for Bosnia and went to high school and played club ball here in St. Louis, where his family is also. And Brooks has one tattoo of The state of Illinois for his dad and one of Berlin for his mum.

Strange game. Ghana miles the better team but lack the quality to finish it off, the US stuck to the job.

Fair enough.
Worst match the USA have played in years, but it is three points. The whole idea was to have Jozy make runs like the one he yanked his hamstring on and hold up the ball and tie up defenders for Dempsey and Bradley and Johnson to put find space and manufacture. Jozy went down on one of those runs on 20 minutes, and you never saw another successful ball forward like that, and Johnson, Bradley, and Dempsey were stuffed up in the middle with no outlet and no way to get forward. Jozy is shite to many of you lot, but he was the centrepiece of the US game plan. Remember, US played 3 defensive-minded centre mids in front of the back 4. Without a mobile, strong, roving Jozy up top, there was no space (none for Ghana either, fortunately!). He really doesn't have to score to do his job in this system, mind.

Last edited:
USA are of the teams that have few good individuals, but put them together and they have a decent team...they are real triers and never let their heads drop,a team full of spirit. Almost the polar opposite of portugal who have a couple of good players and one exceptional talent, but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.

I think the septics will finish second in the group

and as for their supporters..it may not be the number one sport in their country, but the fans they do attract are very passionate about it...fair play to them

USA are of the teams that have few good individuals, but put them together and they have a decent team...they are real triers and never let their heads drop,a team full of spirit. Almost the polar opposite of portugal who have a couple of good players and one exceptional talent, but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.

I think the septics will finish second in the group

and as for their supporters..it may not be the number one sport in their country, but the fans they do attract are very passionate about it...fair play to them
Agree with that. It's a growing game and you know what Americans are like - they could get excited about opening a gas bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back