Getting taxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair though, don't we deserve to pay more tax?

People who don't earn enough to have accountants are a drain on society and the government should ensure they get as much tax out of those people as possible.

That's why big companies don't pay tax and why large earners don't pay tax.

They don't use roads, hospitals, or ever require emergency services because they're better than us.

Tax dodging fuckers.

I'd best come clean. I am not in PAYE....:oops:

I thought you were an ex squaddie. I thought you'd be on my side

Think you have the wrong person mate, I'm a goddam engineer.

I know, it's not like you start swimming in champagne just because you start earning more than 32k. Pay rises hardly have any impact on my net any more

What's the relevance of earning 32k? You don't hit the 49% tax band unlit £42kish, less if you do salary sacrifice or pension conts from pre tax salary.

To be fair though, don't we deserve to pay more tax?

People who don't earn enough to have accountants are a drain on society and the government should ensure they get as much tax out of those people as possible.

That's why big companies don't pay tax and why large earners don't pay tax.

They don't use roads, hospitals, or ever require emergency services because they're better than us.

Tax dodging fuckers.
Funny how fuckers who pay no or the lowest rate of tax are all for taxing the fuck out of people who have put a little bit of effort in and earn a decent amount.

Why should people pay a higher proportion of their income in tax - they are already paying more tax anyway. Set a high tax free allowance, scrap NI and have a flat tax rate with no other allowances.

Funny how fuckers who pay no or the lowest rate of tax are all for taxing the fuck out of people who have put a little bit of effort in and earn a decent amount.

Why should people pay a higher proportion of their income in tax - they are already paying more tax anyway. Set a high tax free allowance, scrap NI and have a flat tax rate with no other allowances.

Fuck that. More you earn, more you can afford to pay. It's the way it should be, although the higher rate band seems a bit on the low side, but the concept is fine.

I have no problem with what I have to pay, it's my contribution to this nation and the life it's helped me to live. It's a bit of a bastard that the balance is due just after Christmas but so be it.

Fuck that. More you earn, more you can afford to pay. It's the way it should be, although the higher rate band seems a bit on the low side, but the concept is fine.

I have no problem with what I have to pay, it's my contribution to this nation and the life it's helped me to live. It's a bit of a bastard that the balance is due just after Christmas but so be it.
With a flat rate tax those earning more pay more.

Pay a higher proportion. Poorer people should not pay the same percentage tax rate as higher earners, IMO. I'm happy to pay more, because it's fair, and I want to live in a fair society.
I think his point is that a progressive tax rate can easily be construed as the opposite of fair

I think his point is that a progressive tax rate can easily be construed as the opposite of fair

Only by those not wanting to pay their fair share. If you earn more, generally, you have a higher level of disposable income, and can afford to pay a higher percentage of your income in tax.

Fair is the key word. What constitutes fair

Exactly. And the general consensus is that it's fairer for the better paid to pay a higher percentage of income than the lower paid, hence the differing tax rates. Not everyone is going to agree with that, but that's my view and is shares by governments and policy makers and the lower paid for decades.

Concurred pal. Why should those that strive to earn more by sacrificing things to better themselves then be robbed when the money rolls in by the useless twats that are supposed to be running this country of ours....and that means either party cos they are all shite.
Flat rate of tax still means those that earn more pay more..simple.Whilst still rewarding those who take the gamble and work their way up the ladder or even start a businesses to employ staff who inturn then pay tax. Net result is more people working and paying tax and less leaching off the state.....and one entrepreneur who has more money to reinvest in other businesses and the process rolls on.
My father worked all his life in Engineering and is retired now with a pension.He has to pay tax on his pension ...incredibly unfair on pensioners who have paid tax all their lives to be then taxed again .
The whole system needs a change .

Fair is the key word. What constitutes fair
This is why the argument will rumble on and on ...have and the have nots.....

Last edited:
Concurred pal. Why should those that strive to earn more by sacrificing things to better themselves then be robbed when the money rolls in by the useless twats that are supposed to be running this country of ours....and that means either party cos they are all shite.
Flat rate of tax still means those that earn more pay more..simple.Whilst still rewarding those who take the gamble and work their way up the ladder or even start a businesses to employ staff who inturn then pay tax. Net result is more people working and paying tax and less leaching off the state.....and one entrepreneur who has more money to reinvest in other businesses and the process rolls on.
My father worked all his life in Engineering and is retired now with a pension.He has to pay tax on his pension ...incredibly unfair on pensioners who have paid tax all their lives to be then taxed again .

You start a business or employ people to make more money for yourself, you're not some altruistic saviour of the nation.
There's a self righteousness with the self employed where they think they are the only fuckers who work hard.
I'm happy to pay a higher rate of tax than those struggling to make ends meet. In fact I think we should pay a bit more. I don't even notice it if I'm honest.
As far your point about pensions, I can't speak for your father but my pension contributions come off before tax so I won't be taxed twice.
Your last point is nonsense as you don't have the faintest idea how much people earn. It's a hard concept for some to grasp but not everybody considers only what is best for them.

Your father got tax relief on his pension contributions.

I've strived hard to get where I'm at, too bloody hard in fact, at times to the detriment to my health and not seeing my kids as much as I should. But I don't see it as unfair that I pay a higher percentage of tax than the bloke who works on site as a labourer, I thank my lucky stars I was blessed with an ability to learn and good parents to guide me the way they did, and can earn enough to pay my fair share back in to the system.

This country get slated all the time, but in the main it's f***ing brilliant. There's stuff where you want it when you want it, a national health service that is envied around the world, a sense of right and wrong in the vast majority of people, low levels of crime and corruption. We have always had it good, we just don't know it as we've never had it shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back