RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Now and again i get diverted from here to one of those scaremongering sites that says ive been downloading midgets bucking horses or summat and that i need to buy some virus software shite

Every now and then, I'm getting redirected from the SMB homepage to some dodgy website that tries to get me to download something that will only be a virus. I've ran anti virus scans on the free version of avast and I'm clean and it is only this site that is doing it.

I'm starting to get concerned that I won't catch it before it automatically triggers a download so if you can look at it I'll be grateful.

Thanks.

This is happening pretty much every time I logon via iphone. Every time I open a post, the same thing happened with that Game of War app a while ago. Very frustrating.

Just had a cleverer one than most. Edge greyed out and a pop-up claimed I needed to update Java Runtime Environment (as if!). Force closing and restarting just brought the popup back, and I actually had to hit the continue button :eek:. Fortunately, I was able to close the window for the download without problems, and carry on. Something to look at maybe.

Getting hit over last couple days but can't see the advert responsible on any of the network test pages. I'm on OSX, using Safari and on wifi.

The advert is the banner that says items.com and has thumbnails of angry birds, minions and other cartoon characters. It's redirecting me to a site that says my Apple PC has been locked and to call apple support on a premium rate number.

I'm running Avast for mac and it's not picking anything up.

I've got screenshots and the redirect url if you need them.

Getting hit over last couple days but can't see the advert responsible on any of the network test pages. I'm on OSX, using Safari and on wifi.

The advert is the banner that says items.com and has thumbnails of angry birds, minions and other cartoon characters. It's redirecting me to a site that says my Apple PC has been locked and to call apple support on a premium rate number.

I'm running Avast for mac and it's not picking anything up.

I've got screenshots and the redirect url if you need them.
I've had to put the ad-blocker on permanently on my Mac (sorry Roger) as I was getting all kinds of malware and trojans being reported by McAfee.

I keep getting a page redirect to "DigitalPrivacyAlert.org" while browsing the SMB.

A quick check of my browsing history seems to suggest that the redirect is coming via...

Code:
http://engine.spotscenered.info/Redirect.eng?MediaSegmentId=27783&dcid=1_ctx_a9d8ad36-24f6-4a48-bc25-8cf798516dcc&vmId=7dffbe03-e06b-49fb-aaad-5925c2cf8623&abr=false&timeZoneOffset=

None of the links on page 1 of this thread are giving me any redirects.

However, I do have the SMB open pretty much any time my PC is switched on, so it is possible that the browser is being hijacked by some malware that my virus scanner isn't finding.

I've just been through my lists of installed programs and browser extensions, deleting anything I'm not 100% confident of, just in case.

Anyone else had this one? I did a search on the SMB for both but got no hits.

Later Addition: just had another one while reading the SMB... also redirected from spotscenered.info but this time it took me to
Code:
http://tjxzz.winpromo.7112623.com/?sov=36574363&hid=fxxjhrhrhnprft&&noaudio=1&nopop=1&noalert=1&megflx=megflx&redid=10157&gsid=280&id=XNSX._%7C%7C13562%7C%7C_%7C%7CStafford%7C%7C_%7C%7C-r10157-t280

Last edited:
Keep getting an Islamic relief ad that pulls me down to the ad and pulls up my keyboard and types "give qurbani". Galaxy s6 on the wifi

Back