Getting out of the group stage - 4 points might not do it

Looking at the groups as they're developing, with the two worst-performing third places teams going out, it's highly possible that more than 4 teams will get 4 points. Could be some bog nations sweating.

Groups B and C will save the day imo. Out on 3. Austria and Finland look rubbish in their respective groups.

I can’t see Slovakia getting off 3 points too in their group so if Spain beat Poland that’ll be another third place on 3. Slovakia/Poland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Groups B and C will save the day imo. Out on 3. Austria and Finland look rubbish in their respective groups.

I can’t see Slovakia getting off 3 points too in their group so if Spain beat Poland that’ll be another third place on 3. Slovakia/Poland.
Austria will draw with Ukraine. The draw is nearly odds on with the bookies.

I just don't see both final Group B games ending in a draw. Plus for a Group A team to finish on 4 needs the Swiss to beat Turkey and for GD to swing by 4 to overtake us if we lose out last game.

Austria will draw with Ukraine. The draw is nearly odds on with the bookies.
Guessing that’s presuming they’ll both just play out a draw and neither will attempt to score to both go through

Austria are really poor if Ukraine want the game they’ll beat them.

These are the criteria that will differentiate third place

• 1) Points
  • 2) Goal difference
  • 3) Goals scored
  • 4) Number of wins
  • 5) Fair play record (three points for a red, one for a yellow).
  • 6) Position in the overall European Qualifiers rankings

Back